Harley-Davidson Museum® Readies for the Party of the Year over Labor Day Weekend
Free live music, high-wire thrill shows, Wall of Death performances and so much more make the Harley-Davidson Museum® the epicenter for this end-of-summer bash!
MILWAUKEE (Aug. 30, 2017) – That rumble growing in the distance can mean only one thing: Thousands of motorcycle enthusiasts are making their way to southeastern Wisconsin for the biggest party of the summer over Labor Day weekend. And beginning on Wednesday, Aug. 30, the H-D Museum™ campus will be rocking with free concerts from headliners like Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Jackyl and crowd favorites Hairlball (among others).
But before the stage lights go up, the spotlight will shine on daily performances from Circus Una Motorcycle Thrill Show and Rhett Rotten’s Wall of Death. And while we will say goodbye to our special summer exhibit – “The Race of Gentlemen” – after Labor Day, the weekend’s activities will make sure this is one for the books.
Many of our friends and fans throughout the city, including the Wisconsin Center, the BMO Harris Bradley Center, the Corners of Brookfield, the Wisconsin DOT and more, will look to shine a welcoming light to all the riders as they turn their buildings and landmarks orange in support of Milwaukee’s most famous export.
Some highlights include:
- Free, live music on the H-D Museum™ campus, Wednesday through Sunday
- Wednesday, Aug. 30 (7 p.m.): Déjà vu
- Thursday, Sept. 1 (7 p.m.): Hairball with opener Shallow Side
- Friday, Sept. 2 (7:30 p.m.): Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band with opener Wayland
- Saturday, Sept. 3 (7:30 p.m.): Jackyl with opener The Dead Daises
- Sunday, Sept. 4 (11 a.m.): Rachel Stacy with opener Mellencouger
- Harley-Davidson New Product Trailer (all-weekend long)
- Be among the first to throw a leg over Harley-Davidson’s new line of 2018 motorcycles, including the highly anticipated line of 115th Anniversary Models. This is the Motor Company’s largest-ever product launch, and this is a chance to be a part of history.
- Demo rides at Harley-Davidson’s Powertrain Operations
- If you’re itching to see what Harley-Davidson’s 2018 models can do on the road, head to the Powertrain Operations in Menomonee Falls for demo rides on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Open to the public Friday, Sept. 1 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.); Saturday, Sept. 2 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and Sunday (9 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Ride-in Custom Bike Show
- Your bike is hot, show it off at the H-D Museum’s annual Custom Bike Show. Rolling sculptures will blanket the campus as builders compete for the coveted Willie G. Davidson Award.
- (Sunday, Sept. 3. Registration: 8 – 10 a.m. Judging: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Awards show: 4 p.m.)
- “The Race of Gentlemen”
- This weekend marks your last chance to see the special summer exhibit, “The Race of Gentlemen,” before it heads back to the Jersey Shore. At the intersection of speed and style, The Race of Gentlemen has become a must-see and must-do automotive carnival. The H-D Museum™ is proud to bring together the vehicles, the artistry and the personalities that make up The Race of Gentlemen for its special exhibit. Regular Museum rates apply.
But that’s just the beginning. The Wall of Death and Motorcycle Thrill Show will keep the campus buzzing during the day, while MOTOR® Bar & Restaurant delivers the best in bold, American classics to your table. Miller High Life and Sailor Jerry will bring their world-famous beverages to ensure nobody goes home thirsty. The Shop will offer unique items available all weekend, including 115th Anniversary Rivets to commemorate the rider in your life and our new line of authentic archive reproductions with H-D Originals. And if some body work is the sort of customization you had in mind, Horseshoe Tattoo will again be on hand to spill a little ink.
Fans are invited to visit H-DMuseum.com to learn more about all the weekend’s activities. And for those looking for a second-helping of fun, be sure to visit the Big Gig BBQ on Sunday, Sept. 3 (noon – 7 p.m.) for the best BBQ in town on the lakefront at Henry Maier Festival Park.
Note to editors: Reporters and cameras are welcome throughout the weekend. However, due to limited parking, please call Tim McCormick (414-534-6180) in advance if you plan on visiting.
About the Harley-Davidson Museum®
A walk through the Harley-Davidson Museum® is a walk through the history of America. With an unrivaled collection of Harley-Davidson® motorcycles and memorabilia, a 20-acre, park-like campus, and a calendar full of activities, the H-D Museum™ is one of Milwaukee’s top tourist destinations for visitors from around the globe. A visit to the H-D Museum™ is an experience that will stay with you for a lifetime. Make your plans to visit the Harley-Davidson Museum® at h-dmuseum.com.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Harley-Davidson Museum
From the famous all-you-can-eat Friday Night Fish Fry to Memphis-style BBQ, MOTOR has something to keep your stomach fueled up all month long.
Veterans Day Appreciation, the 6th annual Black Friday Beerfest and so many more reasons to be grateful this month.
Whether you’re looking to skip the mall on Black Friday or you’re tired of Thanksgiving leftovers, MOTOR has a variety of seasonal options to spice up your month.