Gov. Evers Releases Statement on Events in Washington D.C.
Gov. Evers Releases Statement on Events in Washington D.C. MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today released the following statement regarding events in Washington D.C.
“As are so many Wisconsinites and Americans, I am watching these horrifying events unfold in Washington, D.C. in disbelief. The peaceful transfer of power is at the very heart of our government and our country. This is an attack on our democracy. Period.
“There must be swift, bipartisan condemnation in no uncertain terms–by the president, by elected officials who’ve sought to sow division and distrust in our election, by elected officials who’ve failed to unequivocally denounce these efforts, all of which fed into today’s events.
“We must be united in calling on these individuals to leave the U.S. Capitol and grounds immediately and peacefully. I’m praying for the safety of the elected officials, staffers, members of the press, and first responders, and for the speedy recovery of those injured.”
- Two Priests Blame Antifa for Capitol Riot - Henry Redman - Jan 20th, 2021
- Black History and the Trump Uprising - Isiah Holmes - Jan 18th, 2021
- Authorities Monitoring State Capitol - WPR Staff - Jan 17th, 2021
- Statement Relating to 2018 Contribution to Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) - Wisconsin REALTORS® Association - Jan 17th, 2021
- Op Ed: Scott Fitzgerald Has Very Bad Week - James Rowen - Jan 17th, 2021
- Uihleins Gave $4 Million to Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Melanie Conklin - Jan 16th, 2021
- Campaign Cash: State Businesses Supported Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jan 14th, 2021
- GOP State Legislators Asked Pence to Not Certify Election - Melanie Conklin - Jan 14th, 2021
- Wisconsin Delegation Votes Party Line on Impeachment - Rob Mentzer - Jan 14th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Condemns Republican Legislators’ Lies and Dangerous Rhetoric - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 14th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers, Gov. Whitmer, and Gov. Walz: Trump Administration Must Purchase More Vaccines, Allow States to Purchase DirectlyJan 15th, 2021 by Gov. Tony Evers
Washington Post Reports Trump Administration Vowed to Release Vaccine; Reserve That Was Already Exhausted