Gov. Evers Announces Wisconsin Electoral College Meeting
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today announced Wisconsin’s Electoral College members will meet next Mon., Dec. 14, 2020, at 12 p.m. in the Wisconsin State Capitol to cast their votes for President and Vice President of the United States. The meeting notice and agenda are available here.
On Nov. 30, 2020, Gov. Evers signed the Certificate of Ascertainment, certifying Wisconsin’s election results and the slate of electors for President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris. Monday’s meeting with electors will officially assign Wisconsin’s 10 electoral college votes to President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris, consistent with the candidates who received a plurality of Wisconsin’s popular vote during the November 3 general election.
The meeting will be streamed live on WisconsinEye here. An Associated Press photographer will serve as a pool photographer. Members of the media who are interested in obtaining copies of the photographs should contact Morry Gash at email@example.com or 414-807-0601.
- U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Wisconsin ‘Kraken’ Suit - Graham Kilmer - Mar 1st, 2021
- Op Ed: Waukesha Republicans’ Pillow Paranoia - James Wigderson - Feb 25th, 2021
- Spindell Can Vote on Whether to Investigate Himself - Henry Redman - Feb 17th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: 10 Republicans Accused of Voter Fraud - Bruce Murphy - Feb 16th, 2021
- Fraudulent Electors Convene to Cast State’s Electoral Votes Contrary to Popular Vote and State Statutes, Law Forward Seeks Accountability - Law Forward - Feb 16th, 2021
- GOP Lawmakers Order Audit of State’s Election System - Shawn Johnson - Feb 12th, 2021
- Data Wonk: New Voters Won the 2020 Election - Bruce Thompson - Jan 20th, 2021
- GOP State Legislators Asked Pence to Not Certify Election - Melanie Conklin - Jan 14th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Condemns Republican Legislators’ Lies and Dangerous Rhetoric - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 14th, 2021
- Tiffany, Fitzgerald Object To Some Biden Electors - Shawn Johnson - Jan 7th, 2021
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers, DHS Announce 1 Million Wisconsinites Have Received at Least One Dose of the COVID-19 VaccineMar 5th, 2021 by Gov. Tony Evers
Wisconsin continues to be regional, national leader in vaccine administration