DNR Seeking Public Input On PFAS Contamination In Marinette, Peshtigo And Surrounding Communities
MADISON, Wis. – The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is holding online listening sessions on Wednesday, July 21, to seek public input on PFAS contamination in the city of Marinette, the town of Peshtigo and surrounding communities. These listening sessions are the 15th in a series of public input opportunities hosted by the DNR for area residents.
The listening sessions will include routine updates from the DNR and the Department of Health Services (DHS) regarding the status of the PFAS investigations in the community.
These contaminants have made their way into the environment through spills of PFAS-containing chemicals, discharges of PFAS-containing wastewater to treatment plants and certain types of firefighting foams.
Addressing PFAS contamination in the environment is part of Gov. Tony Evers‘ statewide initiative to ensure Wisconsinites have access to clean, safe drinking water. In 2019, the governor signed Executive Order #40 to address the issue of PFAS across the state.
Listening Sessions On PFAS Contamination In Marinette & Peshtigo
WHEN: Wednesday, July 21, 2021, noon-2 p.m. and 6-7:30 p.m.
- Christine Haag – DNR Remediation and Redevelopment Program Director
- Bridget Kelly – DNR Remediation and Redevelopment Program PFAS Team Leader
- Alyssa Sellwood – DNR Remediation and Redevelopment Program Project Manager
- Kyle Burton – DNR Drinking Water and Groundwater Field Operations Director
- Brita Kilburg-Basnyat – DHS Toxicologist
WHERE: Join via Zoom here. Join by phone: 312-626-6799; Meeting ID: 826 6979 2625
- Republican-Controlled Legislature Has Hindered Environmental Protection - Danielle Kaeding - Sep 30th, 2022
- Baldwin, Bipartisan Group of 39 Senators Push for Increased Action to Address PFAS Exposure at Military Installations - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Sep 21st, 2022
- State’s PFAS-Polluted Towns Hail EPA Proposal - Danielle Kaeding - Aug 27th, 2022
- State PFAS Council Releases Progress Report - Henry Redman - Aug 19th, 2022
- Wisconsin PFAS Action Council Releases PFAS Action Plan Progress Report - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Aug 18th, 2022
- Gov. Evers Announces Wisconsin PFAS Action Council 2022 PFAS Action Plan Progress Report - Gov. Tony Evers - Aug 18th, 2022
- Groundwater Coordinating Council Releases Annual Report - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Aug 17th, 2022
- DNR Wants Water Utilities Notifying Customers of PFAS - Danielle Kaeding - Aug 8th, 2022
- State DNR Adds New PFAS Rules - Isiah Holmes - Aug 2nd, 2022
- DNR Releases Annual Drinking Water Report - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources - Aug 1st, 2022
Read more about PFAS Problem here