Cream City Foundation LGBTQ+ Scholarships for Southeastern Wisconsin Students are Open
Scholarships can be used for any post-secondary education at the undergraduate, graduate, professional, or post-graduate level.
Milwaukee – Cream City Foundation Board of Directors is pleased to announce the Foundation will award several scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $2,500 to LGBTQ+ and allied students for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Please share this announcement with your constituencies who may benefit. At your request, a flyer can be sent for your communications and printed for posting.
The online scholarship application is now open through March 31, 2017 at www. CreamCityFoundation.org. No late applications will be accepted. Award selection announced May-June 2017.
The LGBTQ+ Scholarship program recognizes and supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer + and straight student leaders in Southeastern Wisconsin. Scholarships can be used for any post-secondary education at the undergraduate, graduate, professional, or post-graduate level.
About Cream City Foundation and the LGBTQ+ Scholarship Program
The Cream City Foundation has provided 35 years of service as Southeastern Wisconsin’s LGBTQ+ Community Foundation, mobilizing the philanthropic resources necessary to proactively address the human rights and needs of the community. It provides grant dollars to many organizations and projects that are working to support the wellbeing of LGBTQ+ people. In 2016 the Foundation awarded $43,500 to 31 deserving students.
Through the generosity of BMO Harris Bank, Husch Blackwell, S.C., Milwaukee Gay Sports Network, The AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin, The Windhover Foundation and the Ramón & Marstellar Equality Fund, the Cream City Foundation is pleased to offer up to scholarships for students in Southeastern Wisconsin who exhibit exceptional commitment to the LGBTQ+ community.
This is not a renewable scholarship, although recipients are welcome to re-apply.
- Southeastern Wisconsin residency
- Graduated from a high school in Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington, or Waukesha County; or
- Have lived in Wisconsin at least one year prior to application deadline; or
- Are attending an accredited Wisconsin post-secondary institution in Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington, or Waukesha County.
- LGBTQ+ community involvement
- Primary consideration is given to students who are self-identified LGBTQ, members of LGBTQ families, or straight allies.
- Preference is further given to students with demonstrated commitment to public service that has been dedicated to equality, human rights, and social justice for all people, with emphasis on efforts within the LGBTQ community.
- Students who have not had an opportunity to participate in these types of activities, but who demonstrate a desire to be supportive of these opportunities and goals in the future, will also be considered for the scholarship.
- Pursuing post-secondary education
- Students must either be enrolled and in good academic standing at an accredited post-secondary institution, or plan to enroll in such an institution in the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Students must be pursuing G.E.D., undergraduate, professional, graduate, technical, or vocational program degrees.
- Full-time enrollment is required for undergraduate students.
- Part-time minimum enrollment (6 credits) is required for professional, graduate and postgraduate students, with at least 6 credits earned in degree program prior to application.
Requirements to apply:
- Online application
Learn more and apply at www.CreamCityFoundation.org
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Cream City Foundation
Funding will support partnerships between Diverse & Resilient and Holton Street Clinic and between Pathfinders and the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce
Funding will support a partnership between Diverse & Resilient and Holton Street Clinic