Cousins Subs® Make It Better Foundation Awards $10,500 in Community Grants to Five Local Nonprofits
Organizations Look to Address Vital Needs of Health & Wellness, Hunger and Youth Education
MILWAUKEE (October 25, 2021) – Cousins Subs® announces five organizations as recipients of a combined $10,500 in grants through its Make It Better Foundation. Funding will help offset the cost of resources and programming that address the vital community needs of health and wellness, hunger and youth education.
“Our Make It Better Foundation was born out of the passion and commitment to Believe in Better – for our guests, family, friends and community,” said Justin McCoy, vice president of marketing at Cousins Subs. “We feel an unwavering responsibility to give back to the communities we call home and are privileged to provide these important organizations the funding to do just that.”
The five Make It Better Foundation grant recipients include:
- Fox Valley Memory Project – A $1,500 grant will purchase healthful, balanced snack options for the organization’s more than 100 “Memory Cafés,” that provide an innovative form of social engagement for people living with dementia, cognitive decline or other forms of memory loss.
- Street Angels, Inc. – A $2,000 grant will fund the organization’s addition of a winter “warming room,” that provides a warm place for individual without homes or heat to sleep during the winter months.
- Team Up! With Families – A $2,500 grant will fund a new website for the organization that will assist in their mission to enrich, nurture, and strengthen individuals with special needs and their families through an array of activities, services, and programs.
- Transitions Resource Center – A $2,000 grant will purchase beds, blankets, tables, chairs, lights, and other basic household items to assist local social workers in providing the necessities for their clients’ homes.
- Wisconsin Veterans Network, Inc. – A $2,500 grant will purchase food for low-income veterans through the VetsNet emergency assistance fund.
Since the inception of the Make It Better Foundation in 2013, Cousins Subs has supported its local communities through monetary donations to nonprofits, education scholarships and food aid. To date, the foundation has donated more than $650,000 to 125 benefiting nonprofit organizations.
For more information on grant eligibility and how to apply for a Make It Better Foundation grant, interested nonprofit organizations can visit cousinssubs.com/foundation.
Recent Press Releases by Cousins Subs
Cousins Subs now has 40 corporately owned restaurants
Previous delivery-only location now features storefront for pickup and limited seating.