County Board Budget Blast: October 24, 2012
The Milwaukee County Board’s Finance, Personnel & Audit Committee is holding a series of budget hearings throughout October on the County Executive’s 2013 Recommended Budget.
The Milwaukee County Board’s Finance, Personnel & Audit Committee is holding a series of budget hearings throughout October on the County Executive’s 2013 Recommended Budget. On Tuesday, October 23, Wednesday, October 24 and Thursday, October 25, 2012, the Committee considers budgets amendments of specific functional areas of the Recommended Budget.
Today, the Committee approved the following:
· (Amendment number 1A028) Amendment approved 8-1 (No: Cullen) to direct the Office of the Sheriff to seek payment of $56,000 in outstanding balances from the city of Milwaukee related to the County/City Jail Agreement.
· (1A016) Amendment approved 9-0 to reject a memo of understanding (MOU) that would have shifted patrol of Milwaukee County Parks as well as 911 calls within the city of Milwaukee to the Milwaukee Police Department from the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office. The amendment restores all related positions in the Sheriff’s Office, including 25 Deputy Sheriff positions, three Deputy Sheriff Sergeant positions, and five Communications and Highway Safety Dispatchers. It also calls for Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office Tactical Enforcement Units to monitor Milwaukee County Parks.
· (1A005) Amendment approved 9-0 to restore 11 Deputy Sheriff positions for the Airport Patrol Division of the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office.
· (1A002) Amendment approved 9-0 to prevent outsourcing of management of property rooms at both County Correctional Facility-Central and County Correctional Facility-South and to restore 13 related positions to the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office.
· (1A017) Amendment approved 9-0 to eliminate a $10,724,231 contract to provide inmate medical services, restoring full year funding for all associated county positions at a cost of $10,474,035. The amendment also funds the Program Administrator position, reflects salary increases for the Medical Director and Mental Health Director and allocates funds to offset additional salary expenses associated with recruitment of the currently vacant Medical Director and Supervising Psychiatrist positions.
Click here to watch live video from the meetings (available while meetings are in progress)
The County Board of Supervisors, under the leadership of Chairwoman Marina Dimitrijevic, is set to adopt the 2013 Budget on Monday, November 5 at 8:30 a.m. in Room 200 of the Milwaukee County Courthouse.
The County Board’s Annual Public Hearing on the 2013 Budget is scheduled for Monday, October 29, 2012 at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, located at 929 N. Water Street in Milwaukee. The hearing begins at 6:30 p.m.; doors open at 6 p.m.
Free parking, including handicapped accessible stalls, will be available in the Marcus Center structure.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors
"Hate has no place in America, and we condemn the individuals and groups that came to Charlottesville seeking violent confrontation as a platform to spread their racist ideology."
Members of the Committee released a joint statement regarding Clarke's absence.