City of Milwaukee Election Commission Launches 414 Votes Website Featuring Daily Voter Tracker
MILWAUKEE— October 21, 2020, Mayor Tom Barrett and Election Commission Executive Director Claire Woodall-Vogg announced the launch of the City of Milwaukee Election Commission’s new website: milwaukee.gov/414votes.
The 414 Votes website is a colorful, easy to navigate website that provides Milwaukee voters with all the crucial information they need to cast a ballot safely in the 2020 general election. The site breaks down the key deadlines and details on how to vote absentee by mail, early in-person and on Election Day in the City of Milwaukee.
“We thought it would be very important for the public and for the media to start including the daily statistics that are often reported at the county or state level but are now at one centralized location for the City of Milwaukee,” said Election Commission Executive Director Claire Woodall-Vogg. “Our intent with the website is really to have this be the voter education page, as opposed to having voters have to navigate multiple websites. We hope it makes voting easy to understand for City of Milwaukee voters.”
“This tool allows us to be as transparent as possible about the election,” said Mayor Tom Barrett. “The Election Commission created the tracker to instill in voters a sense of confidence that the City is doing everything it can to provide fair access to voting and that every ballot is counted.
As of Tuesday, October 21, the first day to vote early in-person, the tracker recorded 315,460 registered voters, 4,861 voters who cast a ballot early in-person and 79,931 absentee ballots returned of the 131,031 issued.
- Trump Campaign Objects to Over 160,000 County Ballots - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Recount Releases First Results - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 23rd, 2020
- ‘MAGA’ Rally in Wauwatosa Gathers Hundreds - Ethan Duran - Nov 23rd, 2020
- Day Three of Recount Brings Increasing Speed - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 22nd, 2020
- Recount Day Two Brings Objections, Gridlock - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 21st, 2020
- Friday Photos: Inside the Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2020
- No Ballots Counted On First Day of Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2020
- What To Expect With Milwaukee’s Recount - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 19th, 2020
- State Recount Turns Into Partisan Battle - Ruth Conniff - Nov 19th, 2020
- WEC Orders Presidential Election Recount - Wisconsin Elections Commission - Nov 19th, 2020
Read more about 2020 General Election here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Mayor Tom Barrett
City of Milwaukee’s Election Commission provides information on Election Day voting