City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works Calls for a Full-Scale Plowing Operation
Most garbage and recycling collections suspended until Saturday, January 10
The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works (DPW) has called for a full-scale plowing operation for Friday, January 9, 2015.
What this means:
- 250 salt trucks and plows on City streets
- Plows have been mounted to City garbage trucks to help with snow removal
- Most garbage and recycling collections have been suspended for today, except for automated routes
- Sanitation crews will work on Saturday, January 10 to make up for suspended collections today
- If carts are at the curb already, residents can leave them there for pick-up tomorrow
- Residents are reminded to shovel out their carts – at curb and alley pick-up locations – to help ensure that there are no disruptions with garbage and recycling collection service delivery. Christmas trees should be placed at your curb or alley collection point for pick-up. Residents can also recycle their old trees by taking them to a City Self-Help Center.
City residents are encouraged to check online for their next scheduled garbage and recycling pick-ups at http://mpw.milwaukee.gov/services/garbage_day. In addition, residents can call 414.286-CITY (-2489) for collection information.
Go to www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw for more information on all DPW services, including the Self-Help Centers.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee
Sewer contractor to appear before the Steering & Rules Committee to address racist symbols at work-siteDec 11th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee
The meeting will be at 9:30 a.m. in room 301-B at City Hall, 200 E. Wells St.
City and Potawatomi strike 12-year, $10 million streetcar presenting sponsorship agreement, includes free rides for the first 12 monthsOct 6th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee
City also announces the system name “The Hop, presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino”
Attendees will learn about the historic figures that built the city and its historic building.