City of Milwaukee Board of Health Nominations
The City of Milwaukee is seeking nominations for the Board of Health
The City of Milwaukee is seeking nominations for the Board of Health. This advisory board will provide policy guidance and input to the City of Milwaukee Health Department on all facets of public health. The Board of Health, requirement is defined by state of Wisconsin Statute s. 448.01. It shall consist of:
- 1 Common Council member,
- 5 persons with backgrounds in science and public health including formal training and appropriate education credentials in these areas, and
- 3 persons with backgrounds and appropriate education credentials in fields of the social determinants of health (SDoH), including, but not limited to, policy, law enforcement, and commerce. All board members shall be current and in good standing in professional associations representing their respective disciplines.
The first group of appointees will serve for a term of 2-5 years, and should be:
- Experienced and knowledgeable in public health,
- Able to attend Board meetings at least monthly in year one, and quarterly thereafter, and
- Have a deep commitment to improving public health practice in the City of Milwaukee.
Interested Milwaukee residents should visit milwaukee.gov/appointments, and upload a letter of interest and resume (or CV) for Mayor Barrett’s consideration. Appointees will have their appointment heard by the Council’s Public Safety & Health Committee prior to confirmation by the full Common Council.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s more important than ever to get vaccinated to reduce the spread of the seasonal flu
Hourly Wage Climbs to $11.52 per Hour
Strauss will commence construction on the Century City project later this year with occupancy expected in 2021. The company will employ 250 workers at Century City, including headquarters staff and production personnel.