Celebrate Milwaukee’s emerging creative professionals April 16 – May 12, 2021
MILWAUKEE (April 14, 2021) – A monthlong celebration of Milwaukee’s emerging creative professionals during the MIAD 2021 Senior Exhibition begins April 16 at the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (273 E. Erie St., Milwaukee). This year’s Senior Exhibition has three components – an on-campus exhibition April 16 – May 8, virtual exhibition opening May 6 and a Virtual Artist & Designer Meet & Greet Event May 12, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. All events are free and open to the public.
The MIAD Senior Exhibition showcases the culminating work of nearly 160 graduating seniors in all of MIAD’s Bachelor of Fine Arts programs, including Communication Design, Illustration, Interior Architecture and Design, New Studio Practice: Fine Arts and Product Design.
Projects highlights include:
- an ergonomic seating system for tattoo artists designed in consultation with local tattoo artists and a local manufacturing company.
- an animated short film celebrating the interconnectedness of humanity.
- a comic book featuring queer themes.
- furniture influenced by Mexican and Swedish design aesthetics for a Chicago architecture design firm.
- artwork focusing on personal and cultural identity.
- a full-size plaster piano sculpture featuring recorded audio and embedded with objects to honor the memories of life’s milestone moments and pay tribute to the sacrifices made by the artist’s father.
April 16 – May 8: On-Campus Senior Exhibition
View the work of 52 Illustration, New Studio Practice: Fine Arts and Product Design seniors in MIAD’s Frederick Layton Gallery and Brooks Stevens Gallery. Capacity is limited due to health regulations mandated by the City of Milwaukee.
Visitors must pre-register at seniorexhibition.miad.edu. Pre-registration must be completed at least 48 hours in advance. Time slots will fill on a first-come, first-serve basis. Visitors are asked to follow safety guidelines, including wearing face masks and maintaining 6-feet social distancing while in the galleries.
Beginning May 6: Virtual MIAD Senior Exhibition
The virtual MIAD Senior Exhibition at seniorexhibition.miad.edu features the capstone work of nearly 160 graduating seniors from all Bachelor of Fine Arts majors. No appointment necessary.
May 12, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.: Virtual Artist & Designer Meet & Greet
Talk one-on-one with MIAD seniors about their innovative and inspiring work and professional career goals during this interactive online event. No appointment necessary. Links to each video meeting room will be available at seniorexhibition.miad.edu on May 12.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
Proceeds from the MIAD Holiday Sale support the nearly 150 participating artists and designers, and benefit MIAD student scholarships.