Celebrate Earth Week With An Earth Friendly Ride!
Riding the bus is an easy way to help the planet by reducing traffic congestion and emissions.
Riding the bus is an easy way to help the planet by reducing traffic congestion and emissions. Earth Day is today, Monday, April 22 and the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) is celebrating the earth-friendly benefits of riding the bus. Throughout the week (April 22– 26) we invite the public to join us as we recognize the important role that public transportation plays in making the world greener.
Using public transportation is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint. Carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from vehicles are a component of greenhouse gases. The American Public Transportation Association states that in the United States, greenhouse gases from transportation represent 28% of total emissions. Even giving up your car ride to work for one day a year can have an impact on reducing those carbon emissions. Visit RideMCTS.com/Footprint-Calculator to find out how riding the bus reduces your CO2 emissions.
Schedule of MCTS Earth Week Events:
· Monday April 22: Sticker Day. Ride the bus to get a special Earth Day sticker to proudly wear and show your family and friends! (while supplies last)
· Tuesday April 23: Watch our social media for Special Earth Day deals from local business partners.
· Wednesday April 24: Thank Your Driver Day. Thank your driver in person and tell us why you appreciate their service.
· Thursday April 25: We’ll share 100 Reasons for Riding the Bus given to us by our customers.
· Friday April 26: Bring a friend along on your earth-friendly ride and send us your photo!
More information is available on our website, RideMCTS.com
The Milwaukee County Transit System is a vital service to the community, connecting 45 million riders each year with jobs, schools, shopping, healthcare and recreation in Milwaukee County.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee County Transit System
Adults pay only $2.00 with the Ride MCTS app and M•CARD or $2.25 cash each way. Kids 6 to 11 and seniors 65 and over are $1.10.
Barnes made international headlines in November 2018 when a MCTS Excellence video went viral, showing her taking extraordinary steps to help a homeless man.