Building Commission Approves Projects
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker.
- Renovations to the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point DeBot Residential Dining Center;
- Authority for the Department of Transportation to lease new Department of Motor Vehicle Customer Services Center location in Dane County;
- Construct facility rehabilitation and maintenance to the Department of Military Affairs Fort McCoy Military Academy and Milwaukee Readiness Center;
- Authority for the University of Wisconsin-Superior to purchase a parcel of land and improvements; and
- Other various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities throughout Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Terry Katsma;
- State Representative Dana Wachs; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker Participates in Ribbon Cutting for DuraTech Industries’ $7.5 Million Expansion ProjectJun 20th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
Expanded facility expected to create up to 125 new jobs
Company expects to create 37 jobs
Governor Walker Announces Plan to Name Future Milwaukee State Office Building After Vel Phillips, Civil Rights Pioneer & Former Wisconsin Secretary of StateJun 19th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
The new building will replace the current Milwaukee State Office Building at 6th and Wells Street.