Building Commission Approves Projects
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker.
- Renovations to the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point DeBot Residential Dining Center;
- Authority for the Department of Transportation to lease new Department of Motor Vehicle Customer Services Center location in Dane County;
- Construct facility rehabilitation and maintenance to the Department of Military Affairs Fort McCoy Military Academy and Milwaukee Readiness Center;
- Authority for the University of Wisconsin-Superior to purchase a parcel of land and improvements; and
- Other various maintenance and repair projects around the state.
“The State Building Commission approved a number of important projects today, which will positively impact Wisconsin residents,” said Governor Scott Walker. “I would like to thank the members of the Building Commission for taking action on these projects, which will improve facilities throughout Wisconsin.”
The Building Commission is chaired by Governor Walker and made up of the following members:
- State Senator Terry Moulton;
- State Senator Jerry Petrowski;
- State Senator Janis Ringhand;
- State Representative Rob Swearingen;
- State Representative Terry Katsma;
- State Representative Dana Wachs; and
- Citizen member Bob Brandherm.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker Discusses “If You See Something, Say Something™” Initiative and Public Safety with Law Enforcement OfficialsDec 15th, 2017 by Gov. Scott Walker
The campaign encourages citizens to report suspicious behavior or activities to local law enforcement.
Governor also names business liaison to help Wisconsin businesses engage with Foxconn, Haribo, and other new businesses
No State Property Tax for First Time Since 1931: Governor Walker Highlights Property Tax Relief in Eau ClaireDec 13th, 2017 by Gov. Scott Walker
The 2017-19 state budget eliminates the state portion of the Wisconsin property tax bill.