Attorney General Kaul Statement on Violence at U.S. Capitol
January 6, 2021
MADISON, Wis. – Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul released the below statement in response to today’s events at the United States Capitol.
“It’s difficult to believe what we’re seeing take place at the U.S. Capitol: a fascist riot incited by a lame-duck President desperately and illegitimately trying to cling to power based on absurd lies about the election that amount to voter fraud McCarthyism.
“Those responsible must be held accountable for what appears to be a seditious conspiracy under federal law.
“Once Congress has fulfilled its duty of certifying the results of the presidential election, it should immediately begin proceedings to remove the President from office. Every day he remains in office is a threat to the republic.”
- Two Priests Blame Antifa for Capitol Riot - Henry Redman - Jan 20th, 2021
- Black History and the Trump Uprising - Isiah Holmes - Jan 18th, 2021
- Authorities Monitoring State Capitol - WPR Staff - Jan 17th, 2021
- Statement Relating to 2018 Contribution to Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) - Wisconsin REALTORS® Association - Jan 17th, 2021
- Op Ed: Scott Fitzgerald Has Very Bad Week - James Rowen - Jan 17th, 2021
- Uihleins Gave $4 Million to Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Melanie Conklin - Jan 16th, 2021
- Campaign Cash: State Businesses Supported Group Pushing Capitol Rally - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jan 14th, 2021
- GOP State Legislators Asked Pence to Not Certify Election - Melanie Conklin - Jan 14th, 2021
- Wisconsin Delegation Votes Party Line on Impeachment - Rob Mentzer - Jan 14th, 2021
- Rep. Hintz: Condemns Republican Legislators’ Lies and Dangerous Rhetoric - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 14th, 2021
Read more about Chaos at the Capitol here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Josh Kaul
January 21, 2021
January 21, 2021
January 20, 2020