5 Points Neighborhood Association & Community Opposition To Historic MLK Bid #8 Annexation
5 Points Neighborhood Association (“5PNA”) stands in solidarity with Fatima Laster and 5 Points Art Gallery & Studios’ ardent opposition to the blindsiding annexation of the Historic MLK BID #8 into the 5 Points Neighborhood. Once made aware of the expansion agenda, the neighborhood association has been active and vocal about this opposition. Attached is a letter circulated to the Plan Administrator, King Drive BID Director, Alderperson, Mayor, State Representative and Senator for the area expressing these sentiments and the violations associated with said bid annexation. To date, no valid responses from the BID director has been received.
Additionally, open record requests were made to the CPC/DCD and the BID Director. The CPC/DCD followed up with some information and forwarded document requests to MLK BID Director, Deshea Agee and the Historic MLK BID board.
1: Attendance sheets of the expansion meetings
2: A list of the businesses that received certified mailings
3. A list of the businesses north of locust up to and including all of the businesses in the proposed expanded boundaries and future expanded boundaries as this is a yearly renewal process
4. Documentation of the signatures of the businesses that stated their agreement and opposition as well as the transcript of those in favor and those opposed.
5. The copy of the letter sent to residents and the listing of addresses.
6. The first proposed expansion and the updated expansion that was presented to during the presentation on the 17th of August 2020.
7. The transcript of the recording regarding both the Villard Bid and the Historic King Drive BID. (please note that some individuals have hearing difficulties which is why I asked during the presentation if there are closed captions during these virtual meetings on such important matters as these).