21 Businesses Named Finalists for 2015 Marketplace Governor’s Awards
Winners in competition for top minority, women and veteran-owned businesses to be announced at Marketplace conference this week
MADISON, WI. Oct. 26, 2015—Twenty-one Wisconsin companies have been named finalists for the 2015 Marketplace Governor’s Awards, which honors outstanding Wisconsin businesses owned by minorities, women and service-disabled veterans.
Nearly 200 businesses of all sizes and industries applied for the awards. Winners will be announced at a luncheon on Friday, Oct. 30, at Marketplace 2015, the Governor’s Conference on Minority Business Development, which will be held at the Potawatomi Expo Center in Milwaukee.
Small and large businesses are being honored in two categories: the Outstanding Business Award, which recognizes established businesses that have demonstrated the capacity to grow over the past five years and have plans for continued expansion in the future; and the Rising Star Award, which honors businesses established after 2010 that have demonstrated strong growth potential.
Awards are given to minority-owned business enterprises (MBE), women-owned business enterprises (WBE) and service-disabled veteran businesses (DVB).
The finalists for the Outstanding Large Business Awards are:
- Hurt Electric Inc. of Menomonee Falls, providing electrical installation, service, repairs and maintenance to commercial, industrial and institutional businesses throughout southeastern Wisconsin (MBE)
- Wangard Partners Inc. of Wauwatosa, a commercial real estate firm providing sustainable products to the Midwest real estate market (MBE)
- KL Engineering, with offices in Madison, Green Bay and Menomonie, providing professional services built around a core specialization in transportation engineering (MBE)
- Great Lakes Power Vac LLC of Waukesha, providing industrial and environmental cleaning services to the manufacturing, construction, municipal, engineering, roofing, utilities and power plant industries (WBE)
- IBC Engineering Services Inc. of Waukesha, specializing in the design and commissioning of energy-efficient and sustainable HVAC, electrical, plumbing and fire protection systems (WBE)
- Share Corp. of Milwaukee, offering its customers high-quality, affordable chemical products (WBE)
- Applied Fab and Machining of Wausau, specializing in custom metal manufacturing and assembly for the original equipment manufacturing and military markets (DVB)
The finalists for the Outstanding Small Business Awards are:
- Weatherization Services LLC of Milwaukee, a one-stop shop for home insulation needs (MBE)
- Innovative Dynamic Networks Inc. of Racine, an information technology company dedicated to growing the area’s small and midsize businesses and nonprofits (MBE)
- Moore & Associates Inc. of Kenosha, providing group and educational services to individuals affected by substance abuse in preparation for their return to their home environments (MBE)
- M Squared Engineering LLC of Cedarburg, a full-service civil engineering firm (WBE)
- L.P. Mooradian Flooring Co. of Green Bay, a family-owned company offering nationwide sales and installation of all types of flooring as well as cleaning equipment and supplies (WBE)
- Allcon LLC of Butler, a contracting firm specializing in carpentry and electrical disciplines (WBE)
- US Vet LLC of Madison, providing general construction, subcontracting and construction management services (DVB)
The finalists for the Rising Star Awards are:
- Pino & Sons Remodeling LLC of Sun Prairie, a full-service residential and commercial remodeling company (MBE)
- Physical Therapy of Milwaukee LLC, providing physical therapy services to the English/Spanish speaking community in the greater Milwaukee area (MBE)
- Sanchez Coating & Environmental LLC of Wausau, providing lead paint testing; removal and abatement; and painting services (MBE)
- P3 Development Group. of Milwaukee, providing consulting services to assist clients in the development and execution of social programs (WBE)
- Attract of Saint Croix Falls, providing custom commercial furniture design, production and installation services (WBE)
- Wonderist Agency of Germantown, a full-service marketing agency specializing in growing dental practices through branding and online marketing (WBE)
- HB Laser Art LLC of Kenosha, offering trophies, awards and personalized recognition items (DVB)
Award finalists will benefit from publicity at the event as well as through media promotion.
Marketplace 2015, which takes place Oct. 29-30, is the premier business capacity-building conference of the year for minority, women and veteran business entrepreneurs looking to do business with state, federal and local agencies as well as corporations. This year’s conference is sold out, with about 600 attendees expected. For more than 30 years, the conference has provided opportunities for businesses to meet with potential buyers, identify funding sources, connect with business assistance resources and network with other businesses.
For more information, visit MarketplaceWisconsin.com.
About the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) leads economic development efforts for the state by advancing Wisconsin’s business climate. WEDC nurtures business growth and job creation by providing resources, technical support and financial assistance to companies, partners and communities in Wisconsin. WEDC has four focus areas: business and industry development, economic and community development, entrepreneurship and innovation and international business development. Together with more than 600 regional and local business development partners, it represents a highly responsive and coordinated network. Visit www.inwisconsin.com or follow WEDC on Twitter @_InWisconsin to learn more.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
First-of-its-kind campaign to utilize Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, mobile phone apps to highlight key reasons why millennials should consider relocating to Wisconsin
Top minority, woman and veteran-owned businesses were recognized for their success at annual MARKETPLACE conference
Nation’s first smart manufacturing center of excellence will focus on helping Wisconsin manufacturers utilize the Industrial Internet of Things