Urban Milwaukee Readership Up 26% in 2019
A new high in readership and an easy way for you to help us continue growing.
Just eight years ago, Urban Milwaukee was a tiny publication for urbanists that generated about 20,000 page views per month. Today it’s become the foremost publication covering city issues, with total readership now 32 times higher than in 2011. For 2019 we hit a new high, with total readership of 7.6 million page views for the year, up 26 percent from 2018, when annual traffic was 6.1 million page views. At a time when most news publications across the state and nation are seeing decreasing readership and support, Urban Milwaukee has been growing by leaps and bounds, year after year.
What does this tell us? That there is a huge interest in a publication that champions the the city and urban solutions to Milwaukee’s problems, that covers city, county and state politics from a Milwaukee lens, and champions all that is good in the city, including its vibrant dining, nightlife and entertainment scene.
Urban Milwaukee now publishes more than 50 stories and 100 press releases per week, which is wonderful, but there is still so much more we would like to do. To keep this going and continue expanding the publication we need help from you the reader.
What can you do? Two things.
If you don’t get our daily email of new stories, please sign up here. Growing our email list of loyal readers helps grow our readership and makes us a stronger publication.
And if you are not an Urban Milwaukee member, please join us now. The cost is just $9 a month or $99 a year. If the latter seems too high, consider becoming a member for a month and see how you like it. You can cancel at any time. What do you get for becoming a member?:
- Free tickets to concerts, festivals, and other events as they become available through our partners
- Invitations to member-only events and online chats with a chance to meet and converse with Urban Milwaukee staff, including our periodic Beer Bashes that explore new Milwaukee breweries
- A better, faster photo browser on the website
- Access to an advertising-free daily or weekly emails
- A website free of banner ads that provides faster page loads and a unique, editorial-only experience
- A chance to provide support that assures Urban Milwaukee can continue to expand and focus on smart, substantive news coverage rather than clickbait
- A 10 percent discount on all merchandise at Urban Milwaukee: The Store, located at 755 N. Milwaukee St. in downtown Milwaukee.
- Ability to comment on stories
Many members have found the special deals and freebies are worth the cost of membership. Many others have joined because they believe in Urban Milwaukee and want to see it continue to expand.
We here at Urban Milwaukee are passionately committed to continue building a fiercely independent publication that serves you the reader. We believe in Milwaukee and our growing community of readers. If you share that view please act now and become an Urban Milwaukee member. Our future depends on it.