Young Professionals Discuss Sustainable Milwaukee
Second annual Young Professional Week features a panel discussion at City Hall on April 15th moderated by Urban Milwaukee.
Next week marks Milwaukee’s second annual Young Professional Week. The week-long series of events kicks off on April 14th with Milwaukee Day, a homage to the city’s area code (414). On Monday evening Urban Milwaukee will host a free panel discussion, The Hangout. The event will take place in the iconic rotunda of Milwaukee City Hall and offers a great excuse to visit for a reason other than to pay your taxes (plus there will be complimentary pizza and beverages thanks to Tazinos and Pabst).
Instead of trying to tackle all of the big issues in one hour, the panel will focus on numerous smaller ideas. The discussion will be centered around the day’s theme of sustainability, both environmental and economic. An audience question-and-answer session will be included at the end of the panel.
Attendees are requested to RSVP using the YP Week RSVP form. There are no age requirements for attendance, but being young at heart can’t hurt.
- Rick Barrett – Barrett Visionary Development
- Derek Mosley – Municipal Court Judge
- Matt Wild – City Editor at A.V. Club Milwaukee
- Anna-Marie Opgenorth – Historic Milwaukee, Inc.
- Fernando Reyes – Johnson Controls Emissions & Energy Engineer
- Jason Korb – Korb Tredo Architects
- Vanessa Allen – Researcher at Public Policy Forum
Jeramey Jannene – Urban Milwaukee
- Date: Monday, April 15th
- Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Location: Milwaukee City Hall (200 E. Wells St.)
We look forward to seeing you at The Hangout and other Young Professional Week events. Young Professional is organized by NEWaukee.