Sales and Marketing Intern, ThirdCoast Digest
ThirdCoast Digest Sales and Marketing Intern:
Join ThirdCoast Digest, Milwaukee’s daily online magazine for news, culture, arts, entertainment, urbanism and community. TCD is looking for a Sales and Marketing Intern for Summer 2012.
Our ideal candidate is driven, excited and focused, with great ideas and the initiative to implement them. Get hands-on experience in advertising sales and marketing, following up with sales leads, brainstorming new strategies, and developing client relationships. The landscape of publishing, journalism and marketing is rapidly changing, and now is the time to be a part of a dynamic and growing web venture!
Our sales intern will spend 10-15 hours per week making sales calls and generating sales leads for 10-12 weeks. ThirdCoast Digest sponsors parties, concerts and other events on evenings and weekends, and your attendance at those events will be observed by ThirdCoast Digest’s management staff. As Sales and Marketing Intern, you will:
- Gain hands-on experience with our Advertising Director and Marketing Manager.
- Learn how to create and maintain good client relations while growing the business.
- Gain valuable sales experience in the fastest-growing advertising segment in media.
- Help us plan great client-focused events and promotions, as well as assisting with and managing giveaways.
Our accepted applicant will be driven, and willing to learn. Reliability is a must, along with flexibility and a generally pleasant demeanor.
- Some sales experience a plus, but not necessary.
- Social media experience (Do you have a Facebook page? A Twitter feed? That counts!) is helpful.
- Familiarity with ThirdCoast Digest.
- A professional attitude.
We offer credit to students currently enrolled in colleges and universities, depending on the requirements of their program. You will also be paid a 15% commission on any sales from leads that you have generated/initiated.
You don’t have to be enrolled in school to join our team. There is no base compensation for this internship, but commission earnings are available, and an outstanding intern could be offered a permanent position in the fall. TCD offers invaluable career experience, a robust network of professional partners and contacts and perks like concerts, events, festivals and parties.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a professional cover letter and resume to Director of Sales, Curt Yorkey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is May 18, 2012 for summer internships.