News Intern, ThirdCoast Digest
At ThirdCoast Digest, we are expanding our news coverage and we are now accepting applications for a news intern to be a part of our efforts. We’re looking for a driven, excited candidate with the tools to excel in the ever-changing field of online news. Get hands-on experience in the rapidly changing landscape of online publishing and journalism at a dynamic and growing web venture.
Internship terms run for 10-12 weeks. News interns assist editors with coverage and planning, and are asked to work a minimum of ten hours per week both in the office and remotely.
Our dream applicant would be driven, excited and full of ideas, as well as reliable, flexible and an avid reader of news stories. He or she would also possess:
- Writing experience
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to conduct interviews
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing situations
- Familiarity with TCD (If you don’t know us, that’s OK! But please learn more before you apply)
- A great attitude, willing to share ideas, make suggestions and be a part of our team. This is not a passive internship; we want you to be engaged.
- Additional qualifications may be applicable to the position and should be included in your application.
We offer college credit to students currently enrolled in colleges and universities, depending on the requirements of your program.
You don’t have to be enrolled in school to join our team. This is an unpaid internship, but we offer invaluable career experience, a robust network of professional partners and the opportunity to cover the news at a unique time in Wisconsin and Milwaukee’s history.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an engaging cover letter, resume and (2) writing samples to Managing Editor Dan Shafer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is May 4, 2012 for spring internships.