Copy Editing Intern, ThirdCoast Digest
Join ThirdCoast Digest, Milwaukee’s online portal for arts, culture, news and community, for a copy editing internship for summer 2012. We’re looking for a driven, excited candidate with an eye for editing and the ability to work in a deadline-driven environment. Get hands-on experience in the rapidly changing landscape of online publishing and journalism at a dynamic and growing web venture.
Internship terms run for 10-12 weeks. Copy editing interns edit content in all fields of coverage and play a valuable role in the editing process. Interns are asked to work a minimum of ten hours per week both in the office and remotely. In addition, you will:
- Write, post and edit event listings
- Work with editors to maintain a standard of accuracy and attention to detail for all posts and pages on the website
- Edit stories for multiple sections
Our dream applicant would be driven, versatile and detail-oriented, as well as reliable, flexible and self-motivated. He or she would also possess:
- Demonstrable writing experience
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Capacity to edit a variety of articles, from arts coverage to news stories
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing situations
- Ease with the Internet and everything it can do
- Familiarity with TCD (If you don’t know us, that’s OK! But please learn more before you apply)
- An awesome attitude, willing to share ideas, make suggestions and be a part of our team. This is not a passive internship; we want you to be engaged in what’s happening.
- Additional qualifications may be applicable to the position and should be included in your application.
We offer college credit to students currently enrolled in colleges and universities, depending on the requirements of your program.
You don’t have to be enrolled in school to join our team. This is an unpaid internship, but we offer invaluable career experience, a robust network of professional partners and contacts and perks like concerts, events, festivals and parties.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an engaging cover letter, resume and (2) writing samples to Managing Editor Dan Shafer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is May 4, 2012 for summer internships.