Growing Local – Recap
UrbanMilwaukee.com spent June 1st through June 4th in Madison live blogging CNU 19. The Congress for New Urbanism brings together architects, urban planners, government officials, and interested citizens to learn about topics related to New Urbanism. We took part in sessions covering topics such as transit, incremental urbanism, bikeability, economic development, tactical urbanism, stormwater management, and urban design. Take a minute to see for yourself what CNU 19 was all about.
- Tactical Urbanism
- Stormwater Management. Settlement Patterns Matter
- Peds and Pedalers: The Walking and Biking Connection
- Friday Morning Plenary – Ed Glaeser and Stefanos Polyzoides
- Bikes Belong
- Tour 9 – How Would You Redevelop a Full Downtown Block?
- For Transit to Be Successful, it Needs to Be on the Way
- Passenger Rail: Making Local Connections, Maximizing Local Value
- Typology of Public Space
- Portland’s Food Cart Evolution as Urban Solution
- Incremental Urbanism, a Contrast in Development and more…