Call for entries!
• Entrants may submit two original, unpublished pieces of short fiction (max. 3,000 words).
• Entries will be judged by professional editors and educators not affiliated with VITAL Source.
• Winner will have his or her entry published in the June print edition of VITAL Source Magazine and on our website.
• Runners-up may have selected text from their story published in the print edition and up to their entire entry published on the VITAL Source website. Honorees will be asked to participate in a public reading event in June at a Harry W. Schwartz Bookstore, location TBD.
• 8.5 x 11 page
• 1” margins all the way around
• Times New Roman 12 pt. type, single-spaced body text, 14 pt. title, left-justified
• Double-return between paragraphs – no indents
• Title and word count at top of page
• Include contact information (author name, address, phone number, email address) and a brief biography (50 words maximum) on a separate sheet.
Submitted entries will not be returned.
Email electronic entries to:
contest at vitalsourcemag dot com
Mail hard copy entries to:
VITAL Source Magazine
Attn: Fiction Contest
133 W. Pittsburgh Ave. #409
Milwaukee, WI 53204
No calls, please.