522. N. Water St. is a four-story building in the East Side Commercial Historic District. It was historically used for the sale of wholesale goods. It was originally built in 1854, and renovated in 1870. The first floor of the building is currently home to the Fire on Water tavern. The building is owned by Richard Meeusen through RAM Real Estate Holding LLC.
Historic uses and owners from Historic Preservation Commission staff report on the district.
- 1867-69, Wadsworth, Adams & Co., wholesale grocers
- 1872-75, Otto D. Bjorkquist, wholesale boots & shoes
- 1877-84, C.H. Hamilton & Co., wholesale paper dealers