West Lloyd Street Project Begins April 25, 2016
Project from N. 60th St. to W. Lisbon Ave. expected to be completed by October 2016, weather permitting
Beginning Monday, April 25, the City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works (DPW) will reconstruct West Lloyd Street from North 60th Street to W. Lisbon Avenue. Site preparation work began today with full reconstruction beginning on Monday. The project completion date is expected to be October 2016.
The project includes:
- Replacing the existing pavement with new concrete pavement
- Replacing curbs, gutters, sidewalks, and driveway approaches
- Adding sidewalks to the south side of W. Lloyd Street from N. 46th St. to W. Lisbon Ave. adjacent to Washington Park
- Adding a five-foot bicycle lane in each direction.
The project will be accomplished in two stages to allow for through traffic on W. Lloyd St. during construction:
- Stage 1: One-way traffic will be maintained on the south side of the roadway in the eastbound lane between N. 47th and N. 60th streets. Two-way traffic will be maintained between N. 47th St. and W. Lisbon Ave.
- Stage 2: One-way traffic will be maintained on the north side of the roadway in the westbound lane from N. 47th to N. 60th streets. Two-way traffic will be maintained from N. 47th St. to W. Lisbon Ave.
- Some aspects of these stages may change due to other construction projects occurring in the area
On-street parking will not be available during construction. Businesses and agencies along the construction corridor will be open as usual. DPW’s Support for Business program is providing signage throughout the area to help direct motorists and pedestrians to their destinations.
This project is managed by the City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works in conjunction with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
Traffic Signal Outage Scheduled: West Capitol Drive/West Fond du Lac Avenue/North 51st Boulevard IntersectionNov 17th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
Work scheduled for Saturday, November 18, weather permitting
Milwaukee Streetcar Construction Progress: Intersection of East St. Paul Avenue and N. Water Street to Close TemporarilyNov 9th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
Intersection to close Friday, November 10 at 8:00 p.m. through 6:00 a.m. on Monday, November 13
Removal of the roadway will take place on October 26, 27, and 28, 2017.