The City of Milwaukee Declares a Snow Emergency
City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works Commissioner of Public Works Ghassan Korban has declared a snow emergency effective from 5:00 P.M. Wednesday, February 27 until 5:00 A.M. Thursday, February 28 to facilitate effective curb-to-curb plowing on main arterials. During a snow emergency: Night parking regulations go into effect from 11 PM to 6 AM […]
City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works Commissioner of Public Works Ghassan Korban has declared a snow emergency effective from 5:00 P.M. Wednesday, February 27 until 5:00 A.M. Thursday, February 28 to facilitate effective curb-to-curb plowing on main arterials.
During a snow emergency:
- Night parking regulations go into effect from 11 PM to 6 AM (instead of 2AM to 6AM)
- No parking is allowed on arterials, bus lines, or thru-highways from 11PM to 6AM
- No parking on the side of residential streets signed “No Parking During Snow Emergency” or “No Parking from December 1st to March 1st” or “No Parking Anytime”.
- Posted signs for other parking restrictions must be obeyed, specifically the “4 inch rule” sign
- Comply with the alternate side street parking on other residential streets.
- Vehicles parked on streets designated as “Snow Route Tow Away Zones” will be ticketed and towed when a snow emergency is declared.
Citizens are urged to follow these restrictions to allow for the most effective and complete plowing of City streets.
If your car is towed, the City’s Tow Lot will extend its customer service and telephone inquiry hours to 7 AM to 7 PM on Thursday, February 28. Normal hours – 8 AM to 6 PM – will resume on Friday, March 1.
Milwaukee Public Schools has designated playgrounds available for off street parking during snow emergencies from 7PM to 7AM. To see a list of designated MPS playgrounds and citywide parking regulations, residents can go to www.milwaukee.gov/mpw – click on the “More on all City Parking Regulations” link and scroll down to MPS Parking for Snow Emergencies. Residents can also call the City Call Center at 286-CITY (2489).
Press Releases Referencing Press Release
Jun 26th, 2015 by Press Release
On June 27th, Lohmann & Rauscher (L&R) will open its new North American headquarters at 3880 West Wheelhouse Road in Milwaukee.
Historic Supreme Court Ruling Brings Joy to Families and Victory to Decades-Long Freedom to Marry MovementJun 26th, 2015 by Press Release
Same-sex couples will soon have the freedom to marry and equal respect throughout the United States
Jun 25th, 2015 by Press Release
Precedent-setting application will test the strength of the Great Lakes Compact
Jun 15th, 2015 by Press Release
Program alignment aims to deepen revitalization efforts in the district
Jun 12th, 2015 by Press Release
The largest competitive road cycling series in the United States is held in America’s Dairyland and wouldn’t be complete without one of Wisconsin’s signature foods—milk.
May 13th, 2015 by Press Release
Herdman’s role at g.moxie will include a healthy mix of graphic design and marketing