The City of Milwaukee Declares a Snow Emergency
City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works Commissioner of Public Works Ghassan Korban has declared a snow emergency effective from 5:00 P.M. Wednesday, February 27 until 5:00 A.M. Thursday, February 28 to facilitate effective curb-to-curb plowing on main arterials. During a snow emergency: Night parking regulations go into effect from 11 PM to 6 AM […]
City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works Commissioner of Public Works Ghassan Korban has declared a snow emergency effective from 5:00 P.M. Wednesday, February 27 until 5:00 A.M. Thursday, February 28 to facilitate effective curb-to-curb plowing on main arterials.
During a snow emergency:
- Night parking regulations go into effect from 11 PM to 6 AM (instead of 2AM to 6AM)
- No parking is allowed on arterials, bus lines, or thru-highways from 11PM to 6AM
- No parking on the side of residential streets signed “No Parking During Snow Emergency” or “No Parking from December 1st to March 1st” or “No Parking Anytime”.
- Posted signs for other parking restrictions must be obeyed, specifically the “4 inch rule” sign
- Comply with the alternate side street parking on other residential streets.
- Vehicles parked on streets designated as “Snow Route Tow Away Zones” will be ticketed and towed when a snow emergency is declared.
Citizens are urged to follow these restrictions to allow for the most effective and complete plowing of City streets.
If your car is towed, the City’s Tow Lot will extend its customer service and telephone inquiry hours to 7 AM to 7 PM on Thursday, February 28. Normal hours – 8 AM to 6 PM – will resume on Friday, March 1.
Milwaukee Public Schools has designated playgrounds available for off street parking during snow emergencies from 7PM to 7AM. To see a list of designated MPS playgrounds and citywide parking regulations, residents can go to www.milwaukee.gov/mpw – click on the “More on all City Parking Regulations” link and scroll down to MPS Parking for Snow Emergencies. Residents can also call the City Call Center at 286-CITY (2489).
Press Releases Referencing Press Release
Feb 16th, 2015 by Press Release
Public Invited to Attend
Feb 9th, 2015 by Press Release
CEOs join other civic and non-profit leaders in urging Common Council to invest in Milwaukee’s future
Jan 26th, 2015 by Press Release
Membership-based co-working space will provide modern amenities for individuals and groups
Jan 20th, 2015 by Press Release
Open Letter in Support of The Milwaukee Streetcar
Jan 19th, 2015 by Press Release
A neighborhood design charrette is taking place on Tuesday, January 20th from 5:30 pm to 7 pm
Jan 14th, 2015 by Press Release
Mandela Barnes, Superintendent Driver, Julia A. Uihlein will join volunteers to beautify Milwaukee Public Schools’ Washington High School of Information Technology