Startup Milwaukee Announces New Programming for 2017
Emerge & Showcase Event Series to Launch in January
Milwaukee, WI – Startup Milwaukee will debut new event programming to underscore the expansion of Southeastern Wisconsin’s high-growth startup community.
On Wednesday, January 18th Startup Milwaukee EMERGE will debut. EMERGE is a platform for emerging companies in Southeast Wisconsin to practice their pitches and receive feedback and support from the local community.
The inaugural EMERGE event will be held at the offices of Penrod, a fast-growing enterprise software startup in Milwaukee’s Third Ward. Local startups and entrepreneurs pitching at the inaugural EMERGE event include:
- BetterLoanOfficers.com – Dave Rice, President
- Dynamis – Andy Nunemaker, CEO
- Pedal Tavern – Derek Collins, Founder
A monthly event, EMERGE will be held in various startup hotspots throughout the region. The organizers of Startup Milwaukee EMERGE include: Greg Barker of J.F. Ahern, Matt Cordio of Skills Pipeline, Ed Javier of EMJ Consulting, Jackie Steinmetz of Accelity Marketing, and Matt Yerkes of RBC Wealth Management.
EMERGE events are free and open to the public, register here.
On the evening of Thursday, January 26th Startup Milwaukee SHOWCASE will debut. These events are designed for individuals who want to:
- Connect with local startups and fellow entrepreneurs.
- Learn how to support local startups by purchasing their innovative products.
- Identify opportunities to invest in local startups.
Each SHOWCASE event will feature a mini trade show: local startups exhibiting their products with ample time to network and a lightning round of elevator pitches.
The inaugural SHOWCASE event will be held at Third Space Brewing in Milwaukee’s Menomonee Valley and feature the following startups:
- Remedy Now facilitates on-demand doctor visits and other healthcare services.
- Lumanu helps brands turn existing customers, social influencers, and normal consumers into revenue-generating brand ambassadors.
- Grow Local is an urban farming startup with locations in Bay View and near Appleton.
- Doobert connects and powers volunteers and animal organizations through technology.
- Milo Savings helps consumers round-up everyday purchases to start saving for the important things in your life.
- Hankr is an app that helps you answer a pressing question: what are you in the mood to eat?
SHOWCASE events provide the opportunity to connect with a handful of up-and-coming startups and network with local entrepreneurs.
SHOWCASE events are curated by Matt Cordio and will be hosted every other month at various venues around the region.
SHOWCASE, events are free and open to the public, register here.
STARTUP MILWAUKEE is building and networking Southeast Wisconsin’s growing startup community through innovative events and programs.
Press Releases by Startup Milwaukee
The community is invited to attend a special Milwaukee Startup Week event.
The week will feature 20+ events organized by 20+ organizations