St. Patrick’s Day Parade Returns to Downtown Milwaukee Saturday, March 12th
Week of Irish Entertainment Planned
Milwaukee, WI— The Shamrock Club of Wisconsin’s 50th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will make its return to Downtown Milwaukee on Saturday, March 12th at Noon. The parade steps off on Wisconsin Avenue at Old World Third Street and will wind its way through the streets of Downtown Milwaukee.
Building on a successful partnership, the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin and the Westown Association, along with presenting sponsor Miller Lite, are collaborating on Wisconsin’s oldest and largest St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Although the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin is celebrating its 50th anniversary of producing the parade, the event dates back to 1843. It predates the incorporation of the State of Wisconsin and the City of Milwaukee. Milwaukee’s parade is the sixth oldest in the nation.
This year’s parade will feature over 140 units including Irish dance groups, pipe and drum corps and local celebrities and dignitaries. The Friends of St. Patrick, in partnership with the Hunger Task Force, will collect non-perishable food donations during the parade. Volunteers will walk the parade route with grocery carts collecting the donated food items.
Along with the parade, the Westown Association has planned a week of Irish entertainment and celebrations. The schedule is as follows:
- Lunch Time Entertainment: The Shops of Grand Avenue, Center Court: 11:30am-1pm
- Wednesday, March 9th: Ian Gould
- Thursday, March 10th: Jeff Ward
- Friday, March 11th: Cashel Dennehy School of Irish Dance
- 12:15pm – Press conference featuring local dignitaries including Mayor Tom Barrett, Common Council President Michael Murphy, County Executive Chris Abele, Alderman Bob Bauman and Alderman Bob Donovan.
- 12:30pm – Jake’s Deli Corned Beef Eating Contest: 4th Annual Corned Beef Eating Contest- Contestants will duel it out to see who can consume the most corned beef in eight minutes!
- Saturday, March 12th: 11:30am-2:30pm- Frogwater
- ShamROCK in Westown: Friday, March 11th– 5:30-11pm
- St. Patrick’s Kick-Off Party
- Miller Time Pub & Grill, 509 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Entertainment by Andreas Transo & Pat McCurdy
- Free to the public
- Announcement of Raffle Winners!
- 50th Annual Shamrock Club of Wisconsin’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Saturday, March 12th– 12pm
- 31st Annual St. Patrick Mass: Saturday March 12th – 8:30am
- St. Patrick’s Church, 723 W Washington St.
- Shamrock Club Post-Parade Party: Saturday, March 12th– 1-6pm
- Milwaukee’s largest family parade day party
- Irish Cultural & Heritage Center, 2133 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Four stages of entertainment
- $2 Admission; Children 10 & younger free
- Food and beverages
For more information on the St. Patrick’s Day Parade activities, please call the Westown Association at (414) 276-6696, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the event web site at www.saintpatricksparade.org.
Press Releases by Westown Association
Oktoberfest to take place at Pere Marquette Park and Marcus Center Grounds Thursday, September 29th through Sunday, October 2nd
September 29-October 2
This five-piece bluegrass band is known throughout Milwaukee for putting on a show filled with foot-stomping and thigh-slapping music.
Cache brings a Latin flare to River Rhythms with their fun blend of salsa music and big band influence, sure to get the crowd dancing!
This award-winning rockabilly band has a strong foothold in Southeastern Wisconsin and is sure to entertain crowds of all ages.
Children of all ages are welcome for this free event