Results from Today’s Milwaukee County Board Meeting
A summary of items passed at the county board meeting.
- 15-3 (No: Johnson, Mayo, Weishan) to amend Section 201.24(5.16) of the Milwaukee County Code of General Ordinances as it pertains to the “backdrop benefit.” (Item 1)
- 14-4 (No: Alexander, Cullen, Jursik, Sanfelippo) to authorize the Director of the Department of Family Care to execute a contract with the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) to operate a Managed Care Organization to provide the Family Care benefit to residents of Milwaukee County for the period January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013. (Item 11)
- 17-1 (No: Sanfelippo) to authorize the Comptroller and Director of Economic Development to enter into a trust agreement with the Milwaukee Economic Development Corporation. (Item 12)
- 15-3 (No: Jursik, Sanfelippo, Taylor) to approve a payment of 2011 furlough hours in the matter of Milwaukee County v. Wisconsin Employment Relations Commission and American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees. (Item 15)
- 12-6 (No: Jursik, Lipscomb, Sanfelippo, Schmitt, Taylor, Weishan) to authorize the Department of Administration to enter into a three-year Memorandum of Understanding with the Milwaukee Police Department for servicing of cellular 911 calls placed within or near City limits. (Item 16)
- 16-1 (No: Weishan) to authorize the Department of Health and Human Services to enter into 2013 contracts with the nine municipalities providing Advance Life Support for the Emergency Medical Services Division. (Item 32)
- 8-9 (No: Alexander, Lipscomb, Mayo, Sanfelippo, Schmitt, Stamper, Taylor, Weishan and Dimitrijevic) to layover for one meeting by minority rules a resolution authorizing and directing the Director of the Department of Health and Human Services and the BHD Administrator to develop a detailed, data-driven implementation plan for mental health redesign in Milwaukee County (as originally directed in adopted resolution File No. RES 11-284). (Item 55)
- 16-1 (No: Weishan) to refer back to the Committee of Judiciary, Safety and General Services a resolution that requests authorization for the Department of Administrative Services to set forth a model which clarifies the policy intent of the Board for the provision of shared services and the transition of management of the County Correctional Facility-South from the Office of the Sheriff to the Executive Branch, effective April 2013. (Item 61)
- 16-1 (No: Mayo) to authorize the Office of the Sheriff to grant an extension to an existing contract with Aramark Correctional Services, Inc. for the provision of food service at the County Correctional Facilities for the period of January 1, 2013 until December 31, 2013. (Item 62)
- 16-1 (No: Sanfelippo) to authorize the Department of Administrative Services to create a County-controlled Workforce Development Trust Fund for unexpended year-end County appropriations designated for services provided by the Wisconsin Regional Training Partnership/Building Industry Group Skilled Trades Employment Program and to negotiate an addendum to the existing agreement that includes language establishing a County-controlled Workforce Development Trust Fund. (Item 87)
- 16-0-1 (Abstain: Sanfelippo) to accept from the Director of Intergovernmental Relations the 2013-2015 Milwaukee County Legislative Budget Priorities. (Item 90)
- 14-2-1 (No: Alexander, Sanfelippo) (Abstain: Johnson) to authorize the Director of Risk Management to enter into insurance purchase agreements for Milwaukee County with Ace Insurance, BRIT Insurance, Local Government Property Insurance Fund, Great American Insurance, Chartis/Chubb/Axis and Travelers Insurance for various types of insurance for a period of one year with an option to review for two additional years.
- 16-1 (No: Mayo) to recommend payment of attorney’s fees in the amount of $70,587 to Kraemer and Attorney Tricia Knight and Horizons Law Group and payment of back wages in the amount of $8,698.25 to Kraemer in the matter of Kenneth Kraemer v. Milwaukee County.
All other items on today’s agenda were approved with no objection. The complete digest agenda from today’s meeting can be found on the County Legislative Information Center:
The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 9:30 a.m. in Room 200 of the Milwaukee County Courthouse.