Public Market Announces Annual Harvest Festival Plans
The Annual Harvest Festival will take place on Saturday, October 14, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Milwaukee, WISC – In what has become one of the most highly anticipated fall events in the Historic Third Ward neighborhood, the Milwaukee Public Market announced today plans for its Annual Harvest Festival on Saturday, October 14, from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. along St Paul Avenue to commemorate the anniversary of its opening almost 12 years ago.
“This event draws in so many families throughout the region,” said market executive director, Paul Schwartz. “It’s great to see the activity this event creates for the neighborhood, with kids enjoying the urban atmosphere with their parents.”
The Annual Harvest Festival takes place on the St. Paul Avenue sidewalk, adjacent to the public market building. Admission is FREE and guests will enjoy autumn inspired activities throughout the afternoon. Attendees 21 years of age or older can sample pumpkin ale tapped from the market’s giant pumpkin. New this year is a “Dozer Day” feature, where children and families can get an up close and personal look at construction equipment and machinery being used on the Milwaukee streetcar construction project.
Festivities taking place include:
- Apple Cider Pressing – with Appleland Orchard apples
- Wood Burning Stove Carmel Apples
- LIVE music
- Pumpkin Bowling
- West Allis Cheese Patio Specials – Fanta Jack O’Lantern Floats and build-your-own pretzel necklaces for the kids and Apple Cider Mimosas for the adults.
- Pumpkin Beer Tasting – w/ Lakefront Brewery‘s Pumpkin Lager
- Guess the Weight of Giant Pumpkin (winner receives pie from C Adams Bakery)
- Dozer Day
For more information about the Milwaukee Public Market, please visit MilwaukeePublicMarket.org or call 414-336-1111.