Opening day for Big League Fun exhibit at Betty Brinn Children’s Museum is Friday
It features fun activities, simulated game experiences, and trivia challenges that promote important educational concepts for children.
MILWAUKEE— The Betty Brinn Children’s Museum will debut its brand-new exhibit, Big League Fun, this Friday, Nov. 18. The educational exhibit, which will immerse visitors in the exciting world of baseball, is making its world debut in Milwaukee before traveling on a four-year national tour.
The 2,000 square-foot hands-on experience was created by the Museum under a license from Major League Baseball. It features fun activities, simulated game experiences, and trivia challenges that promote important educational concepts for children and engage fans of all ages.
While exploring Big League Fun, visitors will be able to:
- Get tips for proper pitching, throwing, fielding, hitting and base running before heading to the bullpen and pitching into the strike zone; perfecting your swing and stepping up to the plate; leading off, running to second or back to the bag; throwing from the infield or outfield with simulated plays; and grabbing a glove for catching practice
- Pretend to be the announcer and deliver the play-by-play using real game clips and sound effects
- Learn about the teams that make up Major League Baseball, vocabulary and rules, and how to calculate statistics.
- Test your baseball knowledge with challenging trivia
- Choose a position and jersey number, add your name and snap your photo in front of a baseball card backdrop
- Make the pretend ballpark experience fun and realistic with props, costumes, real baseball equipment, and memorabilia
The exhibit’s national tour is sponsored by the Marcus Corporation, with additional support provided by Bud and Sue Selig. It will be featured at the Museum through January 8, 2017, and is locally sponsored by the Werner Family Foundation. Local media sponsors are 99.1 WMYX and Direct Media.
Big League Fun is included with Museum admission. The Betty Brinn Children’s Museum is located at 929 E. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee. The Museum is open Monday – Saturday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Sundays from noon – 5 p.m. Admission is $8 per person, $7 for seniors (ages 55+) and free for children age 1 and younger. More information is available at www.bbcmkids.org or by calling 414-390-5437. Connect with the Museum at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
Betty Brinn Children’s Museum Partners with Vroom and the Herzfeld Foundation to Promote Early Brain DevelopmentMay 12th, 2017 by Betty Brinn Children’s Museum
Vroom initiative community launch hosted on May 18, during free Museum admission evening.
Maker Faires are part science fair, part county fair, and part something entirely new.
Families are invited to attend a 1950s-themed Valentine Ice Cream Social