Nomad World Pub Madison to Open March 14
Grand Opening Celebration to be held Thursday 3/16. Featuring Local Favorite “Mama Digdown’s Brass Band”
Madison, Wis. (March 9, 2017) – Nomad World Pub announced today that it will open its new Madison location, at 418 E. Wilson St., on Tuesday, March 14.
Nomad World Pub Madison will host events all week to celebrate, including a grand opening celebration on Thursday, March 16, featuring Mama Digdown’s Brass Band. There will be drink specials and free tacos offered by Bel Air Cantina to commemorate the grand opening as well.
Other than some cleanup and slight changes to the décor, Eitel kept the interior of the bar the same. Craft and imported beer selections have been expanded on tap and Nomad World Pub has paid homage to The Cardinal Bar with a new “Cardinal Ballroom,” featuring the well-known high-tech sound system and the installation of the original Cardinal sign. Large high-definition TV screens have also been added.
Nomad World Pub will be open seven days a week starting at 4 p.m. on weekdays for the famous “1-2-3” Nomad Happy Hour (4 – 4:19 p.m. drinks are $1; 4:20 – 4:39 p.m. drinks are $2; 4:40 – 4:49 p.m. drinks are $3). The pub will open as early as 6 a.m. on weekends to accommodate patrons wanting to watch international soccer matches.
A full schedule of opening week events follows:
- Tuesday, March 14, open 4 p.m. – close: Jazz Night with the Darren Sterud Orchestra, followed by The New Breed Jazz Jam
- Wednesday, March 15, Lunch Hour 9 – close with DJ Nick Nice
- Thursday, March 16, open 4 p.m. – close: Grand Opening featuring Mama Digdown’s Brass Band, followed by DJ Phil Money
- Friday, March 17, open 4 p.m. – close: Friday Sessions with Tony Castaneda, followed by Cardinal Sin, formerly known as Fetish Night.
- Saturday, March 18: open for live soccer at 7 a.m. for huge matches in EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga! Bring in at least one damaged soccer ball and receive a $10 nomad gift card, Latin Dance Lessons from 8 -10 p.m., followed by DJ Chamo
- Sunday, March 19: open for live soccer at 6:30 a.m. for huge matches in EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga! Bring in at least one damaged soccer ball and receive a $10 nomad gift card, Sound Travels featuring Marcus Doucette and friends from 4 – 8 p.m., followed by World Music programming.
- Monday, March 20, open 4 p.m. – close: Industry Night, with drink discounts for service industry professionals.
About Nomad World Pub
The original Nomad World Pub in Milwaukee opened its doors on March 16, 1995 and helped spur the renaissance of the Brady Street area’s nightlife. Fate has brought upon the same grand opening date for the Madison location of March 16th as well. Nomad has become a haven for those seeking a warm neighborhood pub — for locals and visitors alike. Built in 1908 as the Cardinal Hotel, the Nomad Madison location will carry on as a neighborhood pub in the 109-year old building. Nomad has become an institution for all walks of life and celebrates the diversity of its clientele, the variety of its programming, and its passion for travel, the cultures of the world, and the global game of fútbol.
Press Releases by Nomadic Ventures Inc
New owner – a UW Madison graduate – to build upon bar’s legacy, expanding hours, adding more craft/imported beers on tap, flat screen TVs and added programming.