National Night Out in The Parks
Neighborhoods Celebrate Community in Area Parks
MILWAUKEE – Local bands, motorcycles, a fun run for kids, and fireworks are among the attractions at the six National Night Out events occurring in Milwaukee County Parks. Events will be occurring at County parks between August 4th and August 12th.
“These National Night Out events bring neighbors together with local law enforcement in a positive environment to build a true sense of community,” said Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele. “These events are another way that Milwaukee County can help strengthen communities by preventing crime and making our neighborhoods stronger.”
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods a safer, better place to live. In partnership with law enforcement agencies and community groups, Milwaukee County is hosting numerous events at local County parks that allow residents to interact with law enforcement in a positive manner.
August 4th events are scheduled at Hales Corners, Kosciuszko, Lincoln, and Wedgewood parks. Kops Park has an event scheduled for August 6th. Additionally, fireworks on the Oak Creek Parkway will follow a South Milwaukee event being held at the South Milwaukee Police Department building on Aug. 12th.
Schedule of National Night Out Events at Milwaukee County Parks
Tuesday, August 4th
- Hales Corners Park, 5765 S. New Berlin Road, will feature a fun run for kids, a display of emergency vehicles, and displays by local businesses and non-profit organizations. The event will run from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00p.m.
- Kosciuszko Park, 2201 S. 7 St., will feature the music of Carlos Adames Group. The group combines the best of Latin music with innovative jazz arrangements. The concert is from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Other attractions include free food, bounce houses, community resources, dive and rescue teams, and fire trucks. The Night Out event will run from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. $1 admission to Pelican Cove’s evening swim will be available from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Lincoln Park, 1301 W. Hampton Ave., will feature the music of the Davis Family Band. The group performs contemporary jazz and R&B. The concert is from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Night Out event is from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Other attractions include free food, children’s activities, a resource fair, indoor movie, and special performances.
- Wedgewood Park, 7201 Wedgewood Drive, will feature the music of Our House. The group promises to keep the crowd singing and dancing to well-known songs performed in four-part harmony. The performance is from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Night Out event is from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Kops Park, 3321 N. 86 St., will feature the police and fire departments, and the Sheriff’s Office, including representation of the Motorcycle and Mounted units. The Night Out event is from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and includes a variety of family-friendly activities.
- South Milwaukee Police Department, 2424 15th Ave, will feature food, games, music, and a raffle from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Fireworks will be set off at the Oak Creek Parkway and Michigan Avenue beginning at 9:00 p.m.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by County Executive Chris Abele - Page 4
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele Convenes Community Leaders on Office on African American AffairsJan 23rd, 2017 by County Executive Chris Abele
Ralph Hollmon to Spearhead Group’s Discussions on OAAA Hiring and Community Engagement
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele Joins Brown County Executive Troy Streckenbach in Betting on a Packers VictoryJan 20th, 2017 by County Executive Chris Abele
Abele is joining the bet and sweetening the deal by adding in a case of Schlitz, the beer that made Milwaukee famous, and sausages from Usingers.
“Congratulations and welcome to the members of the 2017-2018 legislative session.”
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele Announces $4.1 Million HUD Grant to Help Fund County’s Efforts on HomelessnessDec 22nd, 2016 by County Executive Chris Abele
An increase of more than $580,000 over last year’s award.
Spotlight on Milwaukee County Workers: County Executive Chris Abele Applauds House of Correction Staff on “Excellent” InspectionsDec 22nd, 2016 by County Executive Chris Abele
The state also specifically commended the programming at the HOC.
Spotlight on Milwaukee County Workers: Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele Honors Employees Making a DifferenceDec 21st, 2016 by County Executive Chris Abele
County Executive Abele is putting the spotlight on employees who have gone above and beyond to give back to our community and make a difference.
Spotlight on Milwaukee County Workers: Milwaukee County Fleet Management Awarded “Fleet Top 100” HonorDec 20th, 2016 by County Executive Chris Abele
Productivity is up to 98 percent through the use of key performance indicators available to all County employees for complete transparency.
Spotlight on Milwaukee County Workers: County Executive Chris Abele Recognizes Exceptional Performance Throughout the CountyDec 19th, 2016 by County Executive Chris Abele
“I’d like to say a special thank you to just some of our great County employees...”
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele Announces Appointment of Margaret Daun as Corporation CounselDec 5th, 2016 by County Executive Chris Abele
Ms. Daun comes to Milwaukee County with diverse experience in the public and private sectors.
Estimates to repair the Domes range from $14 million to $64 million.
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele Announces Appointment of Holly Davis as Director of the Department on AgingNov 22nd, 2016 by County Executive Chris Abele
Ms. Davis has a track record of service to underserved and vulnerable populations.
Dietscher was sentenced to 42 months incarceration after pleading guilty to felonious misconduct.