National Night Out in The Parks
Neighborhoods Celebrate Community in Area Parks
MILWAUKEE – Local bands, motorcycles, a fun run for kids, and fireworks are among the attractions at the six National Night Out events occurring in Milwaukee County Parks. Events will be occurring at County parks between August 4th and August 12th.
“These National Night Out events bring neighbors together with local law enforcement in a positive environment to build a true sense of community,” said Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele. “These events are another way that Milwaukee County can help strengthen communities by preventing crime and making our neighborhoods stronger.”
National Night Out is an annual community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods a safer, better place to live. In partnership with law enforcement agencies and community groups, Milwaukee County is hosting numerous events at local County parks that allow residents to interact with law enforcement in a positive manner.
August 4th events are scheduled at Hales Corners, Kosciuszko, Lincoln, and Wedgewood parks. Kops Park has an event scheduled for August 6th. Additionally, fireworks on the Oak Creek Parkway will follow a South Milwaukee event being held at the South Milwaukee Police Department building on Aug. 12th.
Schedule of National Night Out Events at Milwaukee County Parks
Tuesday, August 4th
- Hales Corners Park, 5765 S. New Berlin Road, will feature a fun run for kids, a display of emergency vehicles, and displays by local businesses and non-profit organizations. The event will run from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00p.m.
- Kosciuszko Park, 2201 S. 7 St., will feature the music of Carlos Adames Group. The group combines the best of Latin music with innovative jazz arrangements. The concert is from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Other attractions include free food, bounce houses, community resources, dive and rescue teams, and fire trucks. The Night Out event will run from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. $1 admission to Pelican Cove’s evening swim will be available from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Lincoln Park, 1301 W. Hampton Ave., will feature the music of the Davis Family Band. The group performs contemporary jazz and R&B. The concert is from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Night Out event is from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Other attractions include free food, children’s activities, a resource fair, indoor movie, and special performances.
- Wedgewood Park, 7201 Wedgewood Drive, will feature the music of Our House. The group promises to keep the crowd singing and dancing to well-known songs performed in four-part harmony. The performance is from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Night Out event is from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Kops Park, 3321 N. 86 St., will feature the police and fire departments, and the Sheriff’s Office, including representation of the Motorcycle and Mounted units. The Night Out event is from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and includes a variety of family-friendly activities.
- South Milwaukee Police Department, 2424 15th Ave, will feature food, games, music, and a raffle from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Fireworks will be set off at the Oak Creek Parkway and Michigan Avenue beginning at 9:00 p.m.
Press Releases by Chris Abele
In a series of interviews spanning several months, Buzzfeed documented the work of Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division clinicians Tai Hooper and Hendriel Anderson.
Here is a run-down of the top 10 accomplishments we want you to know about from 2016.
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele, State Rep. David Crowley to Host Community Input Session on County Office on African American AffairsJan 27th, 2017 by Chris Abele
This community input session will take place at the COA Goldin Center 2320 W. Burleigh St.
..."I’m concerned that this legislation as crafted could hinder the successful training programs that the building and construction trades are providing the labor force in our region."
The campaign is in its second year in Milwaukee County and is part of National Drug and Alcohol Fact Week .
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele Convenes Community Leaders on Office on African American AffairsJan 23rd, 2017 by Chris Abele
Ralph Hollmon to Spearhead Group’s Discussions on OAAA Hiring and Community Engagement