Milwaukee Irish Fest Announces 2016 Gate Promotions
Enjoy the festival along Milwaukee’s Lakefront at a discounted rate or for free
MILWAUKEE, Wis. (August 8, 2016) – Back for its 36th year, Milwaukee Irish Fest will offer eight different gate promotions throughout the festival. Helping make the festival affordable for the entire family, festivalgoers can take advantage of discounted rates each day of the event, running August 18-21, along Milwaukee’s beautiful lakefront.
“Milwaukee Irish Fest strives to be a family friendly event each and every year,” said Patrick Boyle, executive director of Milwaukee Irish Fest. “Through our gate promotions and discounts we try to make the festival more reasonable for everyone in order to meet our mission of sharing Celtic culture and heritage with Milwaukee and the surrounding communities.”
The 2016 gate promotions include:
- Children’s Discount – Kids ages 12 and under are always free
- Senior Citizens’ Discount – Seniors (60+) get $15 admission (regularly $20)
- Thursday Promotion – Free admission with a donation of school supplies for Hope House on Thursday, Aug. 18
- Half-Price Friday – $10 general admission on Friday, Aug. 19
- Arthritis Foundation Run/Walk to Milwaukee Irish Fest – Register for the 2016 Run/Walk to Milwaukee Irish Fest and receive free admission before 3 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 20
- College Day – College students receive $3 off general admission with a valid student ID between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 21
IRISH FEST GATE PROMOS – ADD ONE
- Military Day – Free admission for active, reserve, retired and guard military personnel plus one guest with valid military ID on Sunday, Aug. 16
- Fests Feeds Milwaukee – Anyone donating a non-perishable food item by 11 a.m. will receive free admission to the festival. Patrons are welcome to attend the Liturgy for Peace and Justice and will receive free admission to the festival immediately following the service. Those donating food who choose not to attend the service will receive a hand stamp valid for free entry at any time that day during regular festival hours (11 a.m. to 10 p.m.).
Two-Day Passes for Saturday and Sunday are also available and can be purchased online for only $25. To purchase advance tickets and to learn about special partner promotions and discounts, visit www.IrishFest.com.
General admission for the festival is $20, $15 for seniors 60+ and free for kids 12 and under.
About Milwaukee Irish Fest
Milwaukee Irish Fest is the world’s largest celebration of Celtic music and culture. The four-day festival showcases more than 100 entertainment acts on 17 stages at Henry W. Maier Festival Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront. The annual festival occurs every third weekend in August. The 36th annual Milwaukee Irish Fest takes place August 18 to 21, 2016.
Milwaukee Irish Fest is proudly presented by CelticMKE, a non-profit organization dedicated to igniting a love of Celtic culture in all people. With the help of more than 4,000 volunteers, CelticMKE and Milwaukee Irish Fest promote Celtic music, dance, drama, sports, culture, children’s activities and genealogy through the annual festival, as well as year-round programming. For more information, visit www.CelticMKE.com.
Press Releases by Milwaukee Irish Fest
Featuring 34 artists and vendors, items offered include jewelry, pottery, soaps, knitwear, artwork, quilts, books, CDs, Irish prints, photography, glassware, ornaments, baskets and more.
The Celtic Christmas Boutique showcases Irish – and other – wares from artists, craftspeople and vendors.
Local Landmarks Help Celebrate the World’s Largest Irish Festival
Enjoy the 35th Anniversary of Irish Music and Culture at a Discount or for Free
2015 Festival to be the Largest Celebration to Date