Milwaukee Irish Fest Announces 2015 Gate Promotions
Enjoy the 35th Anniversary of Irish Music and Culture at a Discount or for Free
MILWAUKEE (August 5, 2015) – Celebrating its 35th anniversary, Milwaukee Irish Fest has made it easy and affordable for visitors to attend this year’s festival, which takes place August 13-16, on Milwaukee’s beautiful lakefront. Festivalgoers can take advantage of free or discounted admission opportunities via eight different gate promotions during the four-day festival.
“Milwaukee Irish Fest is a celebration of all things Irish – from music, to culture, sports, food and family fun. This is what makes the festival one of the greatest values in town,” said Patrick Boyle, executive director of Milwaukee Irish Fest. “We even further the value by making it easy for you to enjoy the festival for free or at a reduced rate.”
Gate promotions include:
- Children’s Discount – Kids 12 and under are always free
- Senior Citizens Discount – Seniors (60+) get $5 off general admission (regularly $17)
- Thursday Promotion – Free admission with donation of school supplies for the Hope House
- $5 Buck Friday – $5 admission 4-5:30 p.m. (Advance tickets are on sale now at www.irishfest.com or on the grounds the week of the festival)
- Bobblehead – The first 500 people through the gates on Saturday, August 15 will receive a limited edition 35th Anniversary Paddy McFest Bobblehead
- College Day – $3 off admission Sunday, August 17, 2-7 p.m. with college student ID
- Military Day – Free admission for active, reserve, retired and guard military personnel plus one guest, with valid military ID on Sunday, August 16
- Sunday Promotion – Anyone donating a non-perishable food item by 11 a.m. will receive free admission to the festival. Those who donate food items are welcome to stay for the Liturgy for Peace and Justice beginning at 9:30 a.m. and will receive free admission directly following.
Those choosing not to attend the liturgy will receive a hand stamp for free entry at any point during the day (11 a.m. to 10 p.m.) All non-perishable food items will be donated to Hunger Task Force.
To learn more about discounts and special gate promotions, visit www.irishfest.com and click on the “Festival Info” tab. General admission for the festival is $17 for adults, $12 for seniors 60+ and free for kids 12 and under. Two-day passes are available for admission to the festival on both Saturday and Sunday for $25. Two-day passes are available for purchase online only: http://irishfest.com/Festival-Info/Tickets-Discounts.htm.
About Milwaukee Irish Fest
Milwaukee Irish Fest is the world’s largest celebration of Irish music and culture. The four-day festival showcases more than 100 entertainment acts on 17 stages at Henry W. Maier Festival Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront. The annual festival occurs every third weekend in August. The 35th annual festival takes place August 13-16, 2015.
More than just a festival, the Milwaukee Irish Fest organization is passionately committed to igniting a love of Celtic culture in all people. With the help of more than 4,000 volunteers, Milwaukee Irish Fest promotes Celtic music, dance, drama, sports, culture, children’s activities and genealogy through year-round programming. For more information visit www.irishfest.com.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Irish Fest
Featuring 34 artists and vendors, items offered include jewelry, pottery, soaps, knitwear, artwork, quilts, books, CDs, Irish prints, photography, glassware, ornaments, baskets and more.
The Celtic Christmas Boutique showcases Irish – and other – wares from artists, craftspeople and vendors.
Local Landmarks Help Celebrate the World’s Largest Irish Festival