Milwaukee Continues to Glow Green for Milwaukee Irish Fest
Local Landmarks Help Celebrate the World’s Largest Irish Festival
MILWAUKEE (August 15, 2016) – With only three days until the start of the 36th Milwaukee Irish Fest, several sights around Milwaukee will turn their lights green to help kick off the festival, which begins Thursday, August 18.
“Milwaukee Irish Fest couldn’t do it without the support of our volunteers, the Milwaukee community and local partners,” said Patrick Boyle, executive director of Milwaukee Irish Fest. “Turning Milwaukee Green demonstrates the amazing organizations and people we work with. We are excited to see the effort grow in 2016 with three new locations going green for the festival.”
NEW participants include:
- Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, 1721 West Canal Street
- General Mitchell International Airport, 5300 South Howell Avenue
- Schlitz Park, 1555 North Rivercenter Drive
Returning participants include:
- The Mitchell Park Domes, 524 South Layton Boulevard
- Marquette Interchange in downtown Milwaukee
- S. Bank Center, 777 East Wisconsin Avenue
- Bronz Fonz, located at the Wells Street Bridge
- CelticMKE Center, 1532 North Wauwatosa Avenue
- Wisconsin Center, 400 West Wisconsin Avenue
- Catholic Financial Life, 1100 West Wells Street
- The Hoan Bridge along Interstate 794
- Ward’s House of Prime, 540 East Mason Street
Potawatomi Hotel & Casino’s flame will burn bright green while the iconic “MKE” outside General Mitchell International will also don an emerald glow. Schlitz Park will spotlight its arches green as well.
The green will glow brightest when Milwaukee Irish Fest kicks off Thursday, August 18 at the Henry W. Maier Festival Grounds along Milwaukee’s lakefront.
Fans of the festival are encouraged to become a part of Turning Milwaukee Green via social media by posting and tagging their own photos. Find Milwaukee Irish Fest on Facebook at facebook.com/IrishFest.Milwaukee and on Twitter and Instagram at @MKEIrishFest.
About Milwaukee Irish Fest
Milwaukee Irish Fest is the world’s largest celebration of Celtic music and culture. The four-day festival showcases more than 100 entertainment acts on 17 stages at Henry W. Maier Festival Park on Milwaukee’s lakefront. The annual festival occurs every third weekend in August. The 36th annual Milwaukee Irish Fest takes place August 18 to 21, 2016.
Milwaukee Irish Fest is proudly presented by CelticMKE, a non-profit organization dedicated to igniting a love of Celtic culture in all people. With the help of more than 4,000 volunteers, CelticMKE and Milwaukee Irish Fest promote Celtic music, dance, drama, sports, culture, children’s activities and genealogy through the annual festival, as well as year-round programming. For more information, visit www.CelticMKE.com.