Mayor’s Committee to Host United Nations Anniversary Commeroration
The City of Milwaukee will be celebrating the ideals and impact of the United Nations on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 by hosting a presentation and reception in City Hall in honor of the 67th Anniversary of the United Nations Charter.
- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett
- Alderman Nik Kovac
- Dr. Gary Shellman – President of the Greater Milwaukee UNA-USA chapter
- Ellen Laipson – President of the Stimson Center in Washington, D.C.
- Don Richards – Chairman of the Mayor’s Committee on the United Nations
- The City of Milwaukee will be celebrating the ideals and impact of the United Nations on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 by hosting a presentation and reception in City Hall in honor of the 67th Anniversary of the United Nations Charter.
- Mayor Tom Barrett and the Mayor’s Committee on the United Nations will welcome speakers Ellen Laipson, Alderman Nik Kovac and Dr. Gary Shellman.
- The keynote speaker for this year’s event is Ellen Laipson, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Stimson Center in Washington, D.C. Laipson served as the special assistant to the United States permanent representatives to the United Nations from 1995 to 1997 and was appointed to the United States Department of State’s Foreign Affairs Policy Board by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2011.
- Milwaukee’s celebration is one of more than 175 UN Day celebrations being held in the United States.
WHEN AND WHERE:
Wednesday, October 24th
9:00 a.m. Presentation and Reception
City Hall Rotunda
200 East Wells St.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Mayor Tom Barrett - Page 4
City's New TechForce Center, Emphasis on IT Employment to Create Opportunities
City of Milwaukee, Community Leaders Worked to Enroll Thousands in Healthcare
Moore and Barrett have worked closely on a number of important initiatives for the City of Milwaukee.
Mayor Barrett to Welcome President Obama for Congratulatory Visit
Mayor Barrett Encourages Milwaukee’s Uninsured to Utilize Uber Promotion
Mayor Barrett Announced Mentoring Initiative at My Brother’s Keeper Mentoring Forum with MPS & Milwaukee BucksJan 16th, 2016 by Mayor Tom Barrett
White House Chair of My Brother’s Keeper Joined to Applaud Nationwide Progress
Lakefront Line will Connect Phase 1 Route to Major Attractions, New Developments
Former Milwaukee Bucks Player to Offer Message of Hope for Fathers