Mayor’s Committee to Host United Nations Anniversary Commeroration
The City of Milwaukee will be celebrating the ideals and impact of the United Nations on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 by hosting a presentation and reception in City Hall in honor of the 67th Anniversary of the United Nations Charter.
- Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett
- Alderman Nik Kovac
- Dr. Gary Shellman – President of the Greater Milwaukee UNA-USA chapter
- Ellen Laipson – President of the Stimson Center in Washington, D.C.
- Don Richards – Chairman of the Mayor’s Committee on the United Nations
- The City of Milwaukee will be celebrating the ideals and impact of the United Nations on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 by hosting a presentation and reception in City Hall in honor of the 67th Anniversary of the United Nations Charter.
- Mayor Tom Barrett and the Mayor’s Committee on the United Nations will welcome speakers Ellen Laipson, Alderman Nik Kovac and Dr. Gary Shellman.
- The keynote speaker for this year’s event is Ellen Laipson, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Stimson Center in Washington, D.C. Laipson served as the special assistant to the United States permanent representatives to the United Nations from 1995 to 1997 and was appointed to the United States Department of State’s Foreign Affairs Policy Board by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2011.
- Milwaukee’s celebration is one of more than 175 UN Day celebrations being held in the United States.
WHEN AND WHERE:
Wednesday, October 24th
9:00 a.m. Presentation and Reception
City Hall Rotunda
200 East Wells St.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Mayor Tom Barrett
Great Lakes & St. Lawrence Cities Initiative Mayors Mobilize over Great Lakes Restoration and Climate ChangeJun 15th, 2017 by Mayor Tom Barrett
Mayor Barrett remains committed to preserving Great Lakes, promoting sustainability
Mayor Tom Barrett released the following statement regarding the passing of Sister Joel Read, former President of Alverno College for 35 yearsMay 26th, 2017 by Mayor Tom Barrett
"She was a saint in the City."
Mayor Barrett, County Executive Abele announce partnership to improve public safety