Mason Street Grill to Host Four-Course Dinner Featuring Both Wine & Beer Pairings
Stags’ Leap Winery and Deschutes Brewery and will square off with diners deciding if beer or wine pairings come out on top
MILWAUKEE – Aug. 12, 2015 – It’s up for diners to decide: red, white or brew? Mason Street Grill, a member of Marcus Restaurant Group’s portfolio located adjacent to The Pfister® Hotel, will host a four-course dinner with each course being paired with a glass of wine and a glass of beer. The dinner, which will be held on Friday, August 21, 2015, will feature Stags’ Leap Winery and Deschutes Brewery, along with a gourmet menu prepared by Sous Chef Angie Rondinelli.
“A pairing dinner that features both wine and beer with each course is a first for us,” said Chef Rondinelli. “When creating the menu, I kept in mind the flavors of each selected beverage and tried to create dishes that would match well with either. It should be fun to see which one comes out on top.”
At the end of the meal, guests will be invited to vote on whether the beer or wine paired best with the dinner. Those who voted for the winning beverage company will be entered to win a raffle prize featuring both Stags’ Leap Winery and Deschutes Brewery items.
The full menu follows:
- First Course: The Stoic glazed sea scallops with shaved Brussels sprouts, Stags’ Leap Red Blend pickled cherries, Marcona almonds and Serrano crisp, paired with Deschutes Brewery The Stoic and Stags’ Leap Winery The Investor Red Blend
- Second Course: Mirror Pond Pale Ale poached and grilled prawns, with stir-fried vegetables, citrus, miso and hoisin, paired with Deschutes Brewery Mirror Pond Pale Ale and Stags’ Leap Winery Chardonnay
- Bonus IPA Cheese Course: Local Wisconsin Cheeses paired with Deschutes Brewery Pinedrops IPA, Deschutes Brewery Fresh Squeezed IPA, and Deschutes Brewery Foray IPA
- Third Course: 64-hour veal short ribs with Nueske’s bacon pepper jam and whipped cauliflower, paired with Deschutes Brewery Black Butte Porter and Stags’ Leap Winery Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fourth Course: Hazelnut semifreddo with black raspberry and Valrhona dark chocolate paired with Deschutes Brewery The Dissident and Stags’ Leap Winery Petite Sirah
A reception prior to the dinner will begin at 6:00 p.m., with dinner service beginning at 6:30 p.m. Cost per person is $89, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (414) 298-3131 or emailing email@example.com.
About Mason Street Grill
Located in Downtown Milwaukee, Mason Street Grill is the place where Milwaukee works and plays. Serving lunch, dinner, after work cocktails, appetizers and more, Mason Street Grill is the quintessential neighborhood restaurant for Milwaukee residents and visitors alike. Under Executive Chef Mark Weber, Mason Street Grill’s open kitchen serves creative, regional American cooking that reflects the bounty and steadiness of Wisconsin roots. The wood fired oven and grill are the centerpieces of the menu and help to serve the best Midwestern steaks, chops, seafood and hearth baked breads and flatbreads. Wisconsin’s rich farmlands create a menu that is steeped in traditional elements, yet done with a flair and creativity reflective of Milwaukee’s new urban sensibilities. With a great bar scene, bustling dining room, lounge, elegant private dining and exciting menu, Mason Street Grill is the place to experience wonderful food, service and atmosphere.
About Marcus Restaurant Group
Milwaukee-based Marcus Restaurant Group, an operating unit of Marcus Hotels & Resorts, develops and operates distinctive nation-wide establishments ranging from casual and fine dining to trendy lounges and creative concepts. From cuisine and cocktails to ambiance and vibe, each Marcus Restaurant Group experience is carefully designed to fuse with the local scene offering the finest quality farm to table products, wine and craft beverages and inspired dishes that cater to every taste. Award-winning concepts include Miller Time Pub & Grill, ChopHouse and Mason Street Grill. Frequent diners are encouraged to partake in the Marcus Rewards loyalty program at participating restaurants, bars and lounges at: http://www.marcusrewards.com. For more information on Marcus Restaurant Group please visit www.marcusrestaurants.com or visit Facebook and twitter for the latest news and updates.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Marcus Restaurant Group
Month Long Series to Kick-off with Wine & Cuts Sampling Reception Friday, April 28
Five-course dinner will feature specialty Napa Valley wine pairings
Restaurant celebrates 10 years with exciting enhancements and new menu