Marquette College of Nursing to Host Citizen Action on the High Cost of Healthcare in Milwaukee
Milwaukee constantly listed as one of the highest cost metros in the state. Citizen Action to share latest data and policy proposals
Milwaukee: Tuesday October 6th at 1:30 PM, Citizen Action of Wisconsin will present to the Marquette College of Nursing and the public on the high cost of health insurance in Milwaukee, and lay out concrete steps that policymakers should take to begin to address it. Milwaukee has health insurance costs well above the national average. With the Affordable Care Act here to stay, legislators of both parties must begin to grapple with excessive and rising costs to consumers.
Citizen Action of Wisconsin will include:
- High and rising costs of individual, small group, and large group health insurance.
- Large geographic variations between Milwaukee and other major metro areas.
- Progress made in reducing number of uninsured, and the remaining uninsured in Milwaukee.
- Measures lawmakers could take to lower premiums.
- How substance use prevention can save lives and money.
Fact sheets and comments will be available before and after presentation.
What: Public presentation on high Milwaukee health insurance costs, geographic disparities, and policy options
When: Tuesday October 6, 2015 – 1:30 PM
- Kevin Kane, Lead Organizer, Citizen Action of Wisconsin
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Citizen Action of Wisconsin
Paul Ryan has not had an open forum with his constituents since the election.
Following insurance company threats to leave markets, legislation introduced to allow all Wisconsinites to purchase BadgerCare.
Milwaukee becomes 19th county in Wisconsin to pass fair maps resolution.