Kentucky Derby Day comes to downtown Milwaukee’s Monarch Lounge
The cost to attend is $45 per person and includes the food buffet, three mint juleps and Bulleit Bourbon tasting.
Milwaukee, Wis. – April 25, 2016 – To celebrate historic Derby Day, the Monarch Lounge, located in downtown’s Hilton Milwaukee Hotel, will be hosting a Kentucky Derby party from 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. Saturday, May 7, 2016. During the event, guests will be able to partake in a bourbon tasting, buffet provided by Miller Time Pub & Grill, mint juleps, a best hat and best dressed contest, raffle and more while capturing the races!
“Whether decked out in a fancy hat or sipping Mint Juleps and bourbon at the bar, guests will find that the Monarch Lounge is the perfect space to relax and relish these celebrated festivities,” said Cristina Gliatis, general manager of Monarch Lounge.
During the Derby Day party, the Monarch Lounge will offer a number of activities for guests, including:
- A bourbon tasting, along with special Bulleit Bourbon promotions and appearance by the Bulleit Bourbon girls at 4:00 p.m.
- A specialty cocktail menu with selected Derby inspired beverages including mint juleps
- A buffet provided by Miller Time Pub & Grill featuring deviled eggs, crab cakes, fried chicken biscuit sliders, and more.
- A hat contest and best dressed contest. The winner of the best dressed contest will receive a one night stay at the Hilton Milwaukee and the winner of the hat contest will receive a $100 gift card to the WELL Spa & Salon.
- A raffle with prizes including a dinner for two at a Marcus Restaurant in Milwaukee, a Chef’s dinner for up to four people at the Milwaukee ChopHouse, a food and wine tasting for up to four people at the Milwaukee ChopHouse, a $50 bar tab at the Miller Time Pub & Grill and other Bulleit Bourbon prizes. Prices for raffle tickets are 1 for $3, 5 for $10 and 15 for $25. Contestants must be present to win. The raffle will be announced after the conclusion of the race.
- A photographer will be on-site to capture guests’ Derby Day wear and take a group photo after the races are over.
- Winners of the hat and best dressed contest, and raffle, will be named at the end of the race and guests must be present to win.
The cost to attend is $45 per person and includes the food buffet, three mint juleps and Bulleit Bourbon tasting. If interested, guests may also reserve either a table or couch area during the party. Reserved areas will be $80 plus tax and gratuity, and will include three raffle tickets, complimentary snacks and bottle service. Bottle service will include the choice of one of the following selections, along with three mixers of choice:
- Vodka: Rehorst Vodka or Rehorst Citrus & Honey Vodka
- Bourbon: Bulleit Bourbon
- Whiskey: Bulleit Rye
- Champagne: Vueve Clicquot
To reserve a private area, please contact Cristina Gliatis at CristinaGliatis@milwaukeechophouse.com or at (414) 390-4569.
About Marcus Restaurant Group
Milwaukee-based Marcus Restaurant Group, an operating unit of Marcus Hotels & Resorts, develops and operates distinctive nation-wide establishments ranging from casual and fine dining to trendy lounges and creative concepts. From cuisine and cocktails to ambiance and vibe, each Marcus Restaurant Group experience is carefully designed to fuse with the local scene offering the finest quality farm to table products, wine and craft beverages and inspired dishes that cater to every taste. Award-winning concepts include Miller Time Pub & Grill, ChopHouse, Mason Street Grill and the SafeHouse. Frequent diners are encouraged to partake in the Marcus Rewards loyalty program at participating restaurants, bars and lounges at: http://www.marcusrewards.com. For more information on Marcus Restaurant Group please visit www.marcusrestaurants.com or visit Facebook and twitter for the latest news and updates.
Press Releases by Marcus Restaurant Group
Five-course dinner will feature specialty Napa Valley wine pairings
Restaurant celebrates 10 years with exciting enhancements and new menu
Alvaréz joins Mason Street Grill from Water Street Brewery, where he served as corporate chef of the company’s four gastro pubs since 2011.
Yorulmaz joins the team with more than eight years of experience in luxury restaurant management, service standards and quality operations, training, and development of formalized operational systems and procedures.
Five-course dinner will pair Lake County Steele Wines with a hearty feast from Executive Chef Angie Rondinelli