Irish Festivities at The Shops of Grand Avenue leading up to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade March 14th
The parade steps off on Wisconsin Avenue at Old World Third Street and will wind its way through the streets of Downtown Milwaukee.
Milwaukee, WI— The Shamrock Club of Wisconsin’s 49th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will make its return to Downtown Milwaukee on Saturday, March 14th at Noon. The parade steps off on Wisconsin Avenue at Old World Third Street and will wind its way through the streets of Downtown Milwaukee.
Building on a successful partnership, the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin and the Westown Association, along with presenting sponsor Killian’s Irish Stout, are collaborating on Wisconsin’s oldest and largest St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Although the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin is celebrating its 49th anniversary of producing the parade, the event dates back to 1843. It predates the incorporation of the State of Wisconsin and the City of Milwaukee. Milwaukee’s parade is the sixth oldest in the nation.
Along with the parade, the Westown Association has planned a week of Irish entertainment and celebrations at The Shops of Grand Avenue. The schedule is as follows:
- Lunch Time Entertainment: The Shops of Grand Avenue, Center Court: 11:30am-1pm
- Wednesday, March 11th: Ian Gould
- Thursday, March 12th: Jeff Ward
- Friday, March 13th: Cashel Dennehy School of Irish Dance
- 12:15pm – Press conference featuring local dignitaries including Mayor Tom Barrett, Common Council President Michael Murphy and Alderman Bob Donovan.
- 12:30pm – Jake’s Deli Corned Beef Eating Contest: 3rd Annual Corned Beef Eating Contest- Contestants will duel it out to see who can consume the most corned beef in eight minutes!
- Saturday, March 14th: 11:30am-2:30pm- Frogwater
- 49th Annual Shamrock Club of Wisconsin’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Saturday, March 14th– 12pm
For more information on the St. Patrick’s Day Parade activities, please call the Westown Association at (414) 276-6696, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the event web site at www.saintpatricksparade.org.
Press Releases by Westown Association
Scheduled for Friday, March 10th at 12:30pm in conjunction with the St. Patrick’s Day Parade Press Conference
Irish Festivities at The Shops of Grand Avenue leading up to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade March 11thMar 7th, 2017 by Westown Association
Milwaukee’s parade is the sixth oldest in the nation.
Week of Irish Entertainment Planned
Oktoberfest to take place at Pere Marquette Park and Marcus Center Grounds Thursday, September 29th through Sunday, October 2nd
September 29-October 2