Irish Festivities at The Shops of Grand Avenue leading up to the St. Patrick’s Day Parade March 11th
Milwaukee’s parade is the sixth oldest in the nation.
MILWAUKEE— The Shamrock Club of Wisconsin’s 51st Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will make its return to Downtown Milwaukee on Saturday, March 11th at Noon. The parade steps off on Wisconsin Avenue at Old World Third Street and will wind its way through the streets of Downtown Milwaukee.
Building on a successful partnership, the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin and the Westown Association, along with presenting sponsor Miller Lite, are collaborating on Wisconsin’s oldest and largest St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Although the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin is celebrating its 51st anniversary of producing the parade, the event dates back to 1843. It predates the incorporation of the State of Wisconsin and the City of Milwaukee. Milwaukee’s parade is the sixth oldest in the nation.
Along with the parade, the Westown Association has planned a week of Irish entertainment and celebrations at The Shops of Grand Avenue. The schedule is as follows:
- Lunch Time Entertainment: The Shops of Grand Avenue, Center Court: 11:30am-1pm
- Wednesday, March 8th: Ian Gould
- Thursday, March 9th: Jeff Ward
- Friday, March 10th: Beglan Academy of Irish Dance accompanied by Cuil A ‘Lin
- 12:15pm – Press conference featuring local dignitaries including Mayor Tom Barrett
- 12:30pm – Jake’s Deli Corned Beef Eating Contest: 5th Annual Corned Beef Eating Contest- Contestants will duel it out to see who can consume the most corned beef in 10 minutes!
- Saturday, March 11th: 11:30am-2:30pm- Frogwater
- 51st Annual Shamrock Club of Wisconsin’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Saturday, March 11th– 12pm
A media section is also included on the website that provides additional parade talking points, parade logo file and also a downloadable parade route map. http://saintpatricksparade.org/index.php/media/
For more information on the St. Patrick’s Day Parade activities, please call the Westown Association at (414) 276-6696, e-mail to email@example.com or refer to the event web site at www.saintpatricksparade.org.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Westown Association
River Rhythms will continue next week Wednesday, July 19th with the reggae band, King Solomon.