In Tandem Theatre Opens 2015-16 Season With Award Winning Dark Comedy
In Tandem Theatre opens their 18th season with Any Given Monday
August 12, 2015 [Milwaukee] – In Tandem Theatre opens their 18th season with Any Given Monday, a wicked comedy by Bruce Graham that won the 2010 Barrymore Award for Best Play. Performances are October 2-25, 2015 at Tenth Street Theatre, 628 N. 10th Street, Milwaukee. Tickets ($30) are available by calling the Tenth Street Theatre Box Office at 414-271-1371. Senior, student, military and group discounts are available. Visit www.intandemtheatre.org for more information, including dates and times, and to order tickets online.
In Tandem’s Artistic Director, Chris Flieller, will direct Any Given Monday. “I’m thrilled to start our 18th season with this black comedy and look forward to working with our incredible cast,” Flieller comments. “It’s hard to describe the plot without giving too much away but suffice it to say it’s surprising, shocking and terribly funny. I’m so eager to share this ethically charged work with the audience – talk backs should be very spirited!”
Lenny is a great guy – caring teacher, devoted father and loving husband. But when his wife leaves him, Lenny’s life is shattered. While he wallows in pizza and Monday Night Football, his best friend Mick finds a very unorthodox and questionable solution to Lenny’s problem. Any Given Monday asks: Are there ever right reasons for doing the wrong thing? How far would you go to get your happily-ever-after back?
Any Given Monday features a fabulous cast of talented local actors:
- Todd Denning (Mick) – Most recently, Todd was seen as Oberon and Theseus in the Optimist Theatre production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. He has appeared on the stages of Illinois Shakespeare Festival, Milwaukee Shakespeare and First Stage Theatre. Todd is also an instructor in Performing Arts at Marquette University.
- Tiersa Ferraro (Lenny’s wife, Risa) – After training at American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York and Loyola University Rome Center, Tiersa received her MFA in Acting from DePaul University in Chicago. She has appeared locally with Summer Stage of Delafield, First Stage Milwaukee, Milwaukee Shakespeare and In Tandem Theatre.
- Doug Jarecki (Lenny) –A veteran actor in theater, film and television, Doug has appeared on the stages of Skylight Music Theatre, Milwaukee Chamber Theatre, Next Act Theatre and In Tandem Theatre, among others.
- Leeanna Rubin (Lenny’s daughter, Sarah) – Leeanna has performed with Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, Walnut Street Theatre, Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre and Montgomery Theater. She earned her BA in Musical Theatre from American University and an MFA in Acting from the University of South Carolina.
The design team for Any Given Monday includes Chris Flieller (set), Colin Gawronski (lighting), Jonathon Leubner (sound) and Jason Orlenko (costumes).
Any Given Monday is sponsored in part by private funding from Dr. David Paris, D.D.S., a grant from the Wisconsin Arts Board with funds from the State of Wisconsin and the National Endowment for the Arts, the United Performing Arts Fund, and CAMPAC (County Funding). An opening night champagne reception is sponsored by Mr. John Holland.
PERFORMANCE DATES FOR ANY GIVEN MONDAY:
Thursday, October 1 @ 7:30pm (1)
Friday, October 2 @ 8:00pm (2)
Saturday, October 3 @ 4:00pm and 8:00pm
Sunday, October 4 @ 2:00pm
Wednesday, October 7 @ 2:00 pm
Thursday, October 8 @ 7:30 pm (3)
Friday, October 9 @ 8:00 pm
Saturday, October 10 @ 4:00pm and 8:00pm
Sunday, October 11 @ 2:00pm
Wednesday, October 14 @ 7:30pm
Thursday, October 15 @ 7:30pm (3)
Friday, October 16 @ 8:00pm
Saturday, October 17 @ 4:00pm and 8:00pm
Sunday, October 18 @ 2:00pm
Wednesday, October 21 @ 7:30pm
Thursday, October 22 @ 7:30pm (3)
Friday, October 23 @ 8:00pm
Saturday, October 24 @ 4:00pm and 8:00pm
Sunday, October 25 @ 2:00pm
(1) Pay-what-you-can preview performance: tickets on sale one hour prior to curtain; no advance sales
(2) Complimentary opening night reception following the show
(3) Talk back with director and actors following the show
Press Releases by In Tandem Theatre
Let In Tandem take you back to 1920’s France to the magic of the carnival!
This beloved musical is the dramatized version of the last seven days in the life of Jesus of Nazareth.
In this poignant and funny play, Jack Duddy returns to his childhood home only to find a houseful of relatives – all of them deceased and wanting to talk his ear off!
Now in its 18th season, In Tandem Theatre has been bringing alternative holiday hilarity to the stage since its beginning.
February 27 – March 22, 2015 at the Tenth Street Theatre, 628 N. 10th Street