Green Corridor news event Wednesday looks at progress made, plans to come
So what has happened in the past year since the City Of Milwaukee Common Council declared S. 6th St. from Howard to College to be Milwaukee’s “Green Corridor”?
Following a meeting of the Green Corridor Committee at 8:30 a.m., a news event will be held by the Committee at 10 a.m. tomorrow (Wednesday, August 1) on the second floor of the Energy Exchange, 4121 S. 6th St., to look at the work and accomplishments of the past year. Committee members will be available to members of the news media at sites on the street to provide background and point out improvements.
- Which businesses are adding green features and what are they?
- Which schools have added green features and what are they?
- Has there been an increase in trees and flowers?
- What storm water runoff improvements have been made?
- Any improvements for bicyclists?
- Where are there recycled rainwater streams?
- What is the progress with using solar power?
- What farm fresh outdoor farmers market?
- What about the green street plan?
- How far have we gotten on a community garden?
- Is there signage for the Green Corridor?
- What are the next planned improvements?
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Terry Witkowski
This is the first time Play Music on Your Porch Day will take place in the City of Milwaukee and it is happening in the Garden District.
This event includes an array of activities for children and adults.