Green Corridor news event Wednesday looks at progress made, plans to come
So what has happened in the past year since the City Of Milwaukee Common Council declared S. 6th St. from Howard to College to be Milwaukee’s “Green Corridor”?
Following a meeting of the Green Corridor Committee at 8:30 a.m., a news event will be held by the Committee at 10 a.m. tomorrow (Wednesday, August 1) on the second floor of the Energy Exchange, 4121 S. 6th St., to look at the work and accomplishments of the past year. Committee members will be available to members of the news media at sites on the street to provide background and point out improvements.
- Which businesses are adding green features and what are they?
- Which schools have added green features and what are they?
- Has there been an increase in trees and flowers?
- What storm water runoff improvements have been made?
- Any improvements for bicyclists?
- Where are there recycled rainwater streams?
- What is the progress with using solar power?
- What farm fresh outdoor farmers market?
- What about the green street plan?
- How far have we gotten on a community garden?
- Is there signage for the Green Corridor?
- What are the next planned improvements?
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Terry Witkowski
City, county responding to increasing frequency of flooding.
Statement of Alderman Terry L. Witkowski March 23, 2017
“Around the Corner” is a Milwaukee Public Television program hosted by Milwaukee native and Emmy-winning actor John McGivern.