Downtown Employee Appreciation Week kicks off Monday
Monday marks the start of the 7th Annual Downtown Employee Appreciation Week, July 30 – August 3.
Monday marks the start of the 7th Annual Downtown Employee Appreciation Week, July 30 – August 3. Coordinated by Milwaukee Downtown, Business Improvement District #21, the fun-filled workweek features special events, office challenge games, scavenger hunts, free yoga classes, lunchtime giveaways and exclusive discounts for downtown Milwaukee’s 82,000 employees. The week begins with the Southwest Airlines® Opening Ceremony at noon on Monday at Red Arrow Park. Other highlights of the day include:
- Milwaukee Mascot Challenge Game – Several Milwaukee mascots and downtown icons will duke it out during the pre-opening ¼ Minute To Win It game at 11:45 a.m.
- Free lunch for the first 1,000 employees in attendance. Lunch includes mini Cousins Subs® and chips. Lunch distribution begins at 12:00 p.m.
- Remarks and welcome by Milwaukee Downtown, BID #21 Executive Director Beth Nicols, andinvited guests Mayor Tom Barrett and County Executive Chris Abele at 12:00 p.m.
- Unfurling of the Downtown Employee Appreciation Week flag.
- The kick-off to Office Rock Star – a daily singing showdown.
- The start of the week’s Office Challenge Games, including Steno Chair Shuffleboard, ¼ Minute to Win It, Paper Clip Toss, Bike Courier for a Day and a Milwaukee Bucks Basketball Shootout. Games will take place at Red Arrow Park, Monday – Thursday, 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m., with the finals on Friday. Schlitz Park will also host Office Challenge games, Office Rock Star and Dunk the Boss on Wednesday. Prizes are at stake for the top contestants.
- More than 15 company teams descending on Bradford Beach for the Downtown Volleyball Tournament, 5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
In addition, employees are eligible for dozens of discounts at downtown businesses. Workers are encouraged to wear a paper clip to identify themselves as downtown employees. The paper clip will serve as the official “ticket” in redeeming discount offers and receiving complimentary items. A complete list of discounts can be found at www.MilwaukeeDowntown.com/iworkdowntown.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Downtown BID 21
Milwaukee Downtown to host Downtown Employee Appreciation Week, July 31 – Aug. 4
All 10 utility box murals were composed and created by Mauricio Ramirez
12-block tour highlights public art and historical buildings along the Avenue