Downtown Activates 11 Metered Parking Spaces for One-Day Event Tomorrow
Parking spaces transformed for global PARK(ing) Day on Sept. 15
Parking spaces around the globe will be transformed on Friday, Sept. 15 for international PARK(ing) Day. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., 11 metered parking spaces in downtown Milwaukee will be reimagined into new territories with games, food and live music.
From giant Connect 4 to cornhole, coffee to cupcakes, acoustic Irish folk to rap, and everything in between, each of the 11 locations will feature a different set of activities and live entertainment.
- CityCenter at 735 – 735 N. Water Street
- City.Net Café – 306 E. Wisconsin Avenue
- Classy Girl Cupcakes – 825 N. Jefferson Street
- Urban Milwaukee – 326 E. Mason Street
- Rinka Chung – 400 E. Mason Street
- Postman Square – 800 N. Plankinton Avenue
- Kahler Slater & AIAS UW-Milwaukee – 214 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- NEWaukee & Pilcrow Coffee – 275 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Who’s On Third – 1007 N. Old World Third Street
- Meat On The Street – 500 W. Wisconsin Avenue
- Central Library, Quorum Architects, Craft Culture & Deco Café – 814 W. Wisconsin Avenue
“We’re excited to join the movement,” said Beth Weirick, CEO of Milwaukee Downtown, BID #21. “PARK(ing) Day is a fun way to engage our property owners and partners in placemaking, while demonstrating that the central business district is a vibrant place to live, work and open a business. Temporary greening and landscaping is generously provided by KEI Landscaping, Inc. To see a full list of downtown Milwaukee’s locations and activities, visit www.milwaukeedowntown.com/parking-day.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Downtown BID 21
“Community Spirit Park” at Cathedral Square Park is one of three downtown parks decorated for the Milwaukee Holiday Lights Festival.
Catalytic projects and downtown leaders were honored for their contributions to the central business district.
Seven parking meters retrofitted to collect coin donations for quality-of-life programs