Department of Public Works Services for the November 26-29 Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend
Some Department of Public Works (DPW) services will be available for limited hours of operation and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed from Thursday, November 26th through Sunday, November 29th for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. However, some Department of Public Works (DPW) services will be available for limited hours of operation and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Self-Help Centers:
- There will be no garbage or recycling pick-up on Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27
- Self-Help Centers will be closed on November 26, 27 & 29 – Open on Saturday, November 28 from 7:00 a.m.to 3:00 p.m. The winter schedule for the Self-Help Centers began November 22
- No parking meter enforcement on Thursday, November 26 (Thanksgiving Day)
- No overnight parking enforcement Wednesday night into Thursday morning (November 26 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.) and Thursday night into Friday morning (November 27 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.)
- Overnight parking enforcement resumes on Friday night into Saturday morning (November 28 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.)
- Closed – Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27
- Open – Saturday, November 28 from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Milwaukee Water Works:
- 24-hour drinking water service provided. Water Control Center – (414) 286-3710
- The Customer Service Center will be closed on November 26 and November 27
- Customers can pay their Municipal Services Bill online at milwaukee.gov/water. For automated account information, call (414) 286-2830
In addition, residents should call 414.286-CITY (2489) for other requests. For more information on DPW services, go to milwaukee.gov/mpw.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
Annual run/walk to be held on Saturday, September 16, 2017
East North Avenue at the North Point Water Tower Circle to Close: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 (morning only) Friday, August 4, 2017Aug 1st, 2017 by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
If inclement weather on August 2, the circle will close on August 3
High Impact Paving Project: East Oklahoma Avenue – South Kinnickinnic Avenue to South Superior StreetJul 25th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
The roadway will be closed to traffic.