Department of Public Works Services for the November 24-27 Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend
No parking meter enforcement on Thursday, November 24.
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed from Thursday, November 24 through Sunday, November 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. However, some Department of Public Works (DPW) services will be available for limited hours of operation and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Self-Help Centers:
- There will be no garbage or recycling pick-up on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25
- Self-Help Centers will be closed on November 24, 25 & 27 – Open on Saturday, November 26 from 7:00 a.m.to 3:00 p.m. The winter schedule for the Self-Help Centers – no Sunday or Monday hours – will be in effect beginning November 27
- No parking meter enforcement on Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving Day)
- No overnight parking enforcement Wednesday night into Thursday morning (November 24 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.) and Thursday night into Friday morning (November 25 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.)
- Overnight parking enforcement resumes on Friday night into Saturday morning (November 26 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.)
- Closed – Thursday, November 24
- Open – Friday, November 25 from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon, with normal hours on November 26 & 27
- 24-hour drinking water service provided. Water Control Center – (414) 286-3710
- The Customer Service Center will be closed on November 24 and November 25
- Customers can pay their Municipal Services Bill online at milwaukee.gov/water. For automated account information, call (414) 286-2830
In addition, residents should call 414.286-CITY (2489) for other requests. For more information on DPW services, go to milwaukee.gov/mpw.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
East North Avenue at the North Point Water Tower Circle to Close: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 (morning only) Friday, August 4, 2017Aug 1st, 2017 by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
If inclement weather on August 2, the circle will close on August 3
High Impact Paving Project: East Oklahoma Avenue – South Kinnickinnic Avenue to South Superior StreetJul 25th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
The roadway will be closed to traffic.
Project to close segments of North Water Street over three days for repaving