Department of Public Works Services for the November 24-27 Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend
No parking meter enforcement on Thursday, November 24.
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed from Thursday, November 24 through Sunday, November 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. However, some Department of Public Works (DPW) services will be available for limited hours of operation and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Self-Help Centers:
- There will be no garbage or recycling pick-up on Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25
- Self-Help Centers will be closed on November 24, 25 & 27 – Open on Saturday, November 26 from 7:00 a.m.to 3:00 p.m. The winter schedule for the Self-Help Centers – no Sunday or Monday hours – will be in effect beginning November 27
- No parking meter enforcement on Thursday, November 24 (Thanksgiving Day)
- No overnight parking enforcement Wednesday night into Thursday morning (November 24 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.) and Thursday night into Friday morning (November 25 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.)
- Overnight parking enforcement resumes on Friday night into Saturday morning (November 26 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.)
- Closed – Thursday, November 24
- Open – Friday, November 25 from 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon, with normal hours on November 26 & 27
- 24-hour drinking water service provided. Water Control Center – (414) 286-3710
- The Customer Service Center will be closed on November 24 and November 25
- Customers can pay their Municipal Services Bill online at milwaukee.gov/water. For automated account information, call (414) 286-2830
In addition, residents should call 414.286-CITY (2489) for other requests. For more information on DPW services, go to milwaukee.gov/mpw.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
Traffic Signal Outage Scheduled: West Capitol Drive/West Fond du Lac Avenue/North 51st Boulevard IntersectionNov 17th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
Work scheduled for Saturday, November 18, weather permitting
Milwaukee Streetcar Construction Progress: Intersection of East St. Paul Avenue and N. Water Street to Close TemporarilyNov 9th, 2017 by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
Intersection to close Friday, November 10 at 8:00 p.m. through 6:00 a.m. on Monday, November 13
Removal of the roadway will take place on October 26, 27, and 28, 2017.