DanceMKE Competition 2016
Call For Participation
Are you looking for a stage to show Milwaukee what you’ve got? Do you have what it takes to be the last group standing? DanceMKE is a new weekly dance competition featuring Milwaukee dance artists from any discipline. Selected performance groups will battle it out for three consecutive weeks starting August 2. A panel of local dance experts will select the top three groups from each week to advance to the finals on August 23.
Weekly DanceMKE events will take place at the Peck Pavilion at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts. This competition is presented through the Live at Peck Pavilion performance series sponsored by MilwaukeeJobs.com.
Interested artists are required to submit interest at this website. Submissions are due on or before June 1. Only web submissions will be accepted. Prizes will be awarded for the top three dance groups and each dancer participating will receive a limited edition t-shirt.
April Call for Participation
June 1 Web submissions due
June 14 Dancers receive notification regarding acceptance and performance
August 2 7pm – Week 1 performance
August 9 7pm – Week 2 performance
August 16 7pm – Week 3 performance
August 23 FINALS
Additional Dance MKE Information:
All performances take place at the Peck Pavilion on the grounds of the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts.
- This is a 4-week dance competition open to dancers 11 and older (choreographers at least 16+) in ANY style of dance. Solos, duos or groups (max 20) with dance of any style.
- Dance selections must be a minimum of 3 1/2 minutes and not greater than 6 minutes.
- The audience for these events is all ages so performances (movement and music) must not consist of profanity or crude subject matter.
- Performance space is 40’ wide by 28’ deep. Floor surface is a painted sprung wood floor. Dance pieces must fit into this space.
- Performer submissions are DUE by June 1.
- Only artists whose proposals are submitted by the deadline will be considered. Dancers will be notified of their acceptance June 14.
- Performance selections will be vetted by a panel and notified of placement by June 17.
- Weekly prizes (to be determined) will be awarded to the top 3 groups on August 2, 9 and 16.
- The top three groups from each week will advance to the finals on August 23.
- The top three groups from the Finals will receive cash, Danceworks Scholarships and a trophy.
- Every participant in the competition will receive a limited edition DanceMKE t-shirt for participating.
ABOUT THE MARCUS CENTER FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS
Established in 1969, the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts is the premier performing arts community gathering space in Southeastern Wisconsin. As the Marcus Center moves into its 47th year, it continues to build bridges between diverse members of our community through high-quality arts entertainment in the region and the state. The touring Broadway series, sponsored by Associated Bank, is recognized as bringing the best of Broadway entertainment to Milwaukee for the past 20 years and provides opportunities to educate, entertain and engage audiences. The Marcus Center is also the home to the Milwaukee Symphony, Milwaukee Ballet, Florentine Opera, First Stage plus a variety of other important community and family events throughout the year. For more information about events visit the Marcus Center website at www.MarcusCenter.org. The Marcus Center is a private non-profit 501(c) 3 corporation and is a dedicated veterans memorial in Milwaukee.
“Live here. Work here.” That’s what MilwaukeeJobs.com is all about; helping people find rewarding careers, where they live. It’s about connecting people with a better job to provide them with a better life; it’s about helping an employer find that “right” person to make their team complete; it’s about helping the people around you, right here in your community. Today, MilwaukeeJobs.com is part of a network of more than 600 employment and diversity web sites that provide services to thousands of employers throughout the United States.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Marcus Center For The Performing Arts
The tour will make a stop in Milwaukee on November 21-26, 2017.