City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works Schedules Over the Christmas Holiday
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed Wednesday, December 24th and Thursday, December 25th for the Christmas holiday.
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed Wednesday, December 24th and Thursday, December 25th for the Christmas holiday. However, some Department of Public Works (DPW) services will be available for limited hours of operation, and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Self-Help Centers:
- There will be no garbage or recycling pick-up on December 24 and 25. For information on your next scheduled collection days, go to the DPW website at www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw
- Self-Help Centers will be closed on December 24 and 25
- No parking meter enforcement on Thursday, December 25
- No overnight parking enforcement on Wednesday night into Thursday morning (December 25 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.) and on Thursday night into Friday morning (December 26 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.)
- Overnight parking enforcement resumes on Friday night into Saturday morning (December 27 from 2:00-6:00 a.m.)
- Open – Wednesday, December 24 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Closed – Thursday, December 25
Milwaukee Water Works:
- 24-hour drinking water service and Emergency Control Center: (414) 286-3710
- The Customer Service Center will be closed on December 24 and December 25
- Customers can pay their Municipal Services Bill online at www.city.milwaukee.gov/water. For automated account information, please call (414) 286-2830 In addition, residents should call 414.286-CITY (2489) for other requests. For more information on DPW services, go to www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw.
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee
Milwaukee Rescue Mission is hosting Catalyst Construction, Inc. for a Job Fair
Up to 100 Tax-Foreclosed Homes Will Be Renovated in the Greater Sherman Park Area and Up to 100 Unemployed or Underemployed People will Get a Job.
Land Provides a Buffer between Port and a Residential Neighborhood